Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

what should i expect from my AD?...do I need to up the dose?

(3 Posts)
mulranno Mon 01-Jun-09 23:02:50

I have had pnd twice in the past for which I took citalopran. This depression is the result of grief from a signicant, untimely and sudden bereavement. I went on to flut 20mg at Christmas which took the edge off it ie the wild anger/rage...but i wonder if i should up the dose...i still have symptoms, exhaustion, confusion, anger unable to get stuff done...have jsut been "let go" from a project I was working on...well aware that I have fallen well short of the mark. Should I just go back and up the dose...or should I try to tough it out on this dose and try to do other stuff (exercise, better diet etc)...although I feel I havent the energy to do this

LightShinesInTheDarkness Mon 01-Jun-09 23:35:25

I take 40mg, but did not put up my dose without seeing my GP first. Why don't you think about going back and say you need some extra help - maybe counselling, or CBT...?

LightShinesInTheDarkness Mon 01-Jun-09 23:36:59

Sorry, hit the button too fast. Wanted to add that sorry you are feeling so crap - its hard, but you will be OK. Its tough now, but there is a brighter future ahead. You will get your life back. Honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now