Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

why is it always me??

(11 Posts)
Titania Sat 30-Apr-05 05:17:46

I'm really pissed off now. I know most of it is probably sleep deprivation but god.....I haven't slept for 3 nights in a row now. I have been sat down here for most of the night crying. I'm so bunged up and lost my voice now. I'm getting a horrid cough, my head hurts and I ache all over. I can't take many cold remedies cos of my ADs. sigh...I'm pissed off with always being ill. I seem to get endless colds at the moment. I sit here wondering if bashing my head against a wall will do any good. I'm taking paracetamol but thats about it. I keep trying to drink tea, or lemon and honey, but I can't eat. I can barely even swallow. The kids will be up by 7 at the latest. I've sat here and watched meet joe black and had a cry at that. I've done a few loads of washing. I know that come dinnertime I will barely be able to stand up. We are supposed to be going to DHs grans for her birthday tomorrow but I doubt I will be able to go now. I don't want to give her my germs. She will be 90 and is very weak anyway. DS2 has got conjuntivitis and got another tooth coming so he didnt go to bed til 10.30. I took him to the docs to get eye drops and the doctor looked in my throat and said that I have tonsilitis again, but wouldn't give me anything for it. SIGH I was wondering if I could take the antibiotics I had from the last time I had tonsilitis? I got them but by the next day I felt better so only took a couple. Why is it always me thats constantly ill?? I hate it I hate it I hate it....

leander Sat 30-Apr-05 05:29:11

Not got any advice but hope you feel better soon ((((hugs))))

Titania Sat 30-Apr-05 06:35:09

thanks. am waiting for the clan to wake up....they are stirring

Titania Sat 30-Apr-05 08:18:12

well the clan are up....sigh...i took the dog for a walk and got back at 8. they were up.....except DH, who didnt hear their desperate screams for breakfast....grr...alright for some!!

pixiefish Sat 30-Apr-05 08:22:57

Titania- can you take Echinacea? That's good for building up your immune system and stopping you from getting colds.

Also when I have a cold I take loads of Vitamin C tablets- about 1000mg every 3 or 4 hours. I know you're not meant t take that many but it clears my colds up no end (don't do it at the mo cos I am bfing)

You need to get to the doc's if your throat is stopping you from swallowing. My dh ended up seriously ill when his sore throat stopped him from swallowing

stitch Sat 30-Apr-05 09:09:24

titania, being depressed and stressed, your immunity is down anyways, so you are more susceptible to getting colds etc.
taking echinacea should reduce the severity of the cold. also, your body is probably low on zinc as you have had colds for a while, so take some until the cold gets better.
eating five or six almonds a day also helps boost your immunity.
but as far as the anitbiotics are concerned, you have to complete a course. if you dont, then the bugs just come back stronger and less likely to be killed by the antibiotics. even if you feel better, if you have started taking the anitbiotics then you need to finish taking them for the duration, five days, seven or ten, whatevr you have been prescribed.
the advice about the vitamin c is excellent. you cannot overdose on vitamin c as any excess just goes straight out your system.
please take care of yourself, because i dont think you are. ( i dont know you, but have read some ofyour previous posts)
hugs

stitch Sat 30-Apr-05 09:10:16

also, once youve given the clan their breakfast, shut yourself in your room with a book or a magazine, and let then get on with it

Newbarnsleygirl Sat 30-Apr-05 09:13:50

Lot's of Lucozade as well T for energy.

Hope your feeling a bit better soon

SPARKLER1 Sat 30-Apr-05 09:16:09

Get DH to take the kids out of the house for a few hours and go back to bed!!!!!
THAT IS AN ORDER - NO EXCUSES PLEASE!!!!!

Titania Sun 01-May-05 13:10:21

we had to go shopping yesterday and ended up talking to my mother for the first time in a year...sigh....that didnt help my throat....I have got up this morning and my voice had TOTALLY gone now. DH and the kids think its funny. I think its really annoying. got a earache too now

Janos Sun 01-May-05 19:12:05

I have been there with no sleep Titania, it is horrible, horrible, horrible especially when you are feeling ill. The staying up all night crying rings a not too distant bell.

Any way at all you can have a break? Anyone who can come and help you out? Sounds like you are having a really hard time of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now