Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Having a really down day

(13 Posts)
Janos Thu 21-Apr-05 14:40:30

Having a realluy horrible day, can't put my finger on why just feeling really down. I should be happy, lovely day outside and my gorgeous little DS is having a nap at the moment. Everything just feels wrong at the moment and I can't put my finger on why. Just feel so exhausted and fed up. Don't know why - just needed to vent, Thanks for listening.

edenverity Thu 21-Apr-05 14:43:10

I know how you feel, I have lots of down days. I have 3 girls who are a right handful. I work from home and sometimes I never see a soul, only my kids who drive me mad

Janos Thu 21-Apr-05 14:47:35

It's really hard..what gets me is the endless monotony and all the housework...I really hate that stuff it drives me up the wall! Must be a lot harder if you're trying to work too.

Janos Thu 21-Apr-05 14:49:14

Sorry that sounded selfish (me!)..it must be really difficult trying to get everything done. How old are your girls?

hamster Thu 21-Apr-05 14:51:46

Hey Chick, I know how you feel, and it pisses you off even more when you can't put your finger on why you feel the way you do.
But when I feel like it, I find that taking myself to one side and actually looking around at what I have and how lucky I am to have my little ds, does help put a smile on my face.
Life's often not as bad as it seems honest....

Hermione1 Thu 21-Apr-05 15:42:20

I am feeling down today too, and it's my 26th birthday. Feel really fed up but don't really know why, i just wanna curl up and go to sleep.

mumfor1sttime Thu 21-Apr-05 15:44:26

HI its my birthday today too!! I am 28!!

Hermione1 Thu 21-Apr-05 16:06:08

Happy birthday to you!!!! you're only 2 years older than, me! where do you live?

mumfor1sttime Thu 21-Apr-05 16:22:54

I live in Norwich, how about you?

mumfor1sttime Thu 21-Apr-05 16:31:56

h, am signing off line now, will be back to chat later Be good to chat to someone near my own age! ta ta for now

Hermione1 Thu 21-Apr-05 16:59:49

oops sorry i was looking on ebay for a second and time flew!! i used to live in norwich about 8 years ago. Now in kent. Chat to yo ulater.

mumfor1sttime Fri 22-Apr-05 12:47:41

Hi I like looking on ebay too, get some good things. Hope you are not feeling so down today. The weather is great here today, once little man wakes from his nap going to take him to park. Having few friends over tonight for drinks to celebrate b day, should be fun. Usually people crash on sofa or on floor! How come you moved to kent? Ive lived in Norwich all my life.

sasa15 Fri 22-Apr-05 13:20:38

I feel like you Janos and not big reason...

I didn't cook nice lunch for ds....pasta was no cooked..and bla bla...and thick and untasty..

ds didn't enjoy...could read in his face....

had a bad hairdresser appointment...yesterday...they didn't do a proper job..after 3 hours...mother in law babysitting...got fine for delay in parking space outside my house........

anyway I had a go with the manager...and I'm going back.....

I went happy to change style and mood...and it went wrong...not too bad...too expensive for nothing....

ds is napping now...but yes feeling low too...

sorry about that...but Janos you are not in your own today...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now