Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anyone know any good helplines ?

(4 Posts)
choccychic Wed 20-Apr-05 19:58:28

Apologies that this post is not about either me or my children. My brother (aged33) is giving my family a lot of worry at the mo. Although he went to uni and has a good degree he has never really known what he wants to do and has spent the last 10 yrs doing bits of voluntary work/ courses and a very small amount of paid manual work. He seems to be getting further and further into what I can recognise as depression, brought on by no friends/no job/ no home of his own and seing me with my 3 kids and DH. As he gets more down he becomes more extreme and negative about life/the rest of us and society in general. I feel helpless, he reacts badly when doctors are mentioned but he cant go on like this, he needs to get help. So, sorry for the rambling but does anyone know of any helpline I could suggest because he would be more likely to take that as a first step than a visit to a doctor.

mummytosteven Wed 20-Apr-05 20:00:59

samaritans

he could also e-mail the samaritans

there is also a mind "infoline"

http://www.mind.org.uk/About+Mind/Mindinfoline.htm

choccychic Wed 20-Apr-05 20:09:32

Thanks mummytosteven!

choccychic Wed 20-Apr-05 20:09:33

Thanks mummytosteven!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now