Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Can ad's make u put on weight???

(7 Posts)
Blossomhill Mon 18-Apr-05 21:00:16

I am now bursting out of a size 12. This time 3 years ago I was a small size 8 (which was too small). I then levelled out to a size 10, which was perfect.
However since going on my ad's last June(ditheopin (sp?)) I have put a good 1 and a half stones on.
Does anyone know if there is a link?
Thanks

marthamoo Mon 18-Apr-05 21:05:42

Some can. If you google anti depressants and weight gain you'll find a lot of info eg., here

But I can't find your particular anti-d - go check the packet for correct spelling

darlingbud Mon 18-Apr-05 21:06:20

what does it say in your leaflet that goes with them? My slimming group leader says they don't but if they start making you feel better then your appetite may increase so its not the ADs just that you feel like eating more.

essbee Tue 19-Apr-05 12:18:23

Message withdrawn

saintshar Tue 19-Apr-05 12:22:48

Essbee - hello!!!

(sorry to but in Blossomhill)

I can't log in to my messenger for some reason, and had to say hello when I saw you.

mummytosteven Wed 20-Apr-05 10:57:06

i think there is a link between older type ADs like Dothiepin and weight gain, but there isn't meant to be between modern ons like prozac and weight gain. do you think you are eating more and therefore putting on weight, or whether you are eating the same but still putting on weight?

Blossomhill Wed 20-Apr-05 19:34:56

Mummy to Steven - yes they are Dothiepin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now