Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

My eyes are sore for crying.

(13 Posts)
MistressMary Mon 11-Apr-05 19:26:47

PMT has steadily beeen getting worse and worse and it has affected me like never before.
It has amplified all my existing low moods and just taken over. I have had really horrid thoughts and have felt like a truly horrible and nasty person. My son doesn't deserve me. My OH is getting fed up with me and I need him desperately now. I have no self esteem, no confidence and I think I have something wrong with me mentally. I can't think logically, My words get mixed up, I get forgetful, I seem to change my mood like the weather, one minute up and the next down. I want to be left alone, yet I need company. I'm scared no one will want me, or want to be my friends. They are thin on the ground and sometimes I feel like I will live the rest of my life in this existence. I don't think I can cope if that is the case.
I haven't been around much on here and feel like this is cry or scream of help and support. And now I said that I feel ashamed that I have to ask for it and I am a pathetic person.

Sorry to drone on, I want the old me back.
Whatever she was? I wish I could be happy now, I had a rotten life at school and feel like I deserve some happiness.

LGJ Mon 11-Apr-05 19:29:48

Oh Sweetheart

Have you seen your GP ???

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

ETsmum Mon 11-Apr-05 19:39:43

Hugs to you MM and I can relate to some of the things you are saying, esp your mmods changing like the weather. LGJ hit the nail on the head re your GP.......you shouldn't have to feel like you do. Hope you manage to find something that helps.

MistressMary Mon 11-Apr-05 19:59:12

So do I, It has to be the GP. I will print off my first post as reminder when I get there, cos I know when I do get there I will feel ok and forget how I am actually feeling now.IYKWIM.

littlerach Mon 11-Apr-05 20:00:59

You are so not pathetic, you are a lovely lady, I have met you remember!!!!

I think you need to see GP or something, just to get a bit sorted, you sound low, I'm sure it can be sorted out.

Your son (who takes after you in his loveliness!) doea deserve you, you are his life, and I'm sure that your OH adores you.

I know it is hard to see it getting better, but it will, you have taken a big step now, keep asking for help, it wil get easier.

Huge hugs to you my dear, xxxx

Lonelymum Mon 11-Apr-05 20:02:03

I can relate to what you say too. I feel up one minute and down the next. Also, I relate to what you say about deserving some happiness after different times of being miserable. I can't offer any help, but I want you to know I feel for you and hope your GP sorts you out soon. Hope to read something to that effect from you soon.

ETsmum Mon 11-Apr-05 20:04:15

Know exactly what you mean. I'm "lucky" in that I don't really get that much in the way of bad moods with PMT, BUT know that seeing the doc on an "up" day when I had pmd was a bad idea. Try to be as honest as poss, for you dh and ds. My dh ended up comind to the docs with me coz I just couldn't explain how bad things were. You will get the old you back eventually Hugs xx

littlerach Mon 11-Apr-05 20:33:31

Are you still around, MM?

MistressMary Mon 11-Apr-05 22:06:23

yep sorry had a late night with J as teething.

Thanks littlerach,I am like you say on a good day and wish I could be a little more positive in general.

mummytosteven Mon 11-Apr-05 22:07:43

sorry you are feeling low MM.

One thing that occurs to me is I had similar problems after a couple of years on progestogen only pill - periods every 10 ten days, preceded by a few days of feelings of utter hopelessness/emptiness, so wondered if you were on any sort of hormonal contraception that might be exacerbating PMT/Depression?

MistressMary Mon 11-Apr-05 22:17:31

No contraception here, just hormones overload maybe?

Can they check for excess hormones? before starting anti ds?

MistressMary Thu 14-Apr-05 11:52:58

I went to the Doctor today and now I have been put on Prozac, go back in three weeks and see how things are. Maybe get some counselling too.

dropinthe Thu 14-Apr-05 12:05:51

Hope they work-remember they normally take around a month to kick in so be patient!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now