Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How do you know if you have depression?

(3 Posts)
kid Thu 07-Apr-05 13:46:08

I'm feeling really fed up at the moment. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to deal with DS (3). Everyday is a constant battle with him. I have recently taken him to see a child psychologist who has said he doesn't have a behaviour problem. She is going to work with me to improve his temper. I look forward to going to work to get away from him and look forward to his bedtime He hasn't always been difficult.

My house is also upside down. We moved here in July and are currently decorating 3 rooms at once (or attempting to anyway).

We don't have any money problems, everything is fine between me and DH.
Work is just work, some days its harder than others and some days are really fun (I'm a classroom assistant in a primary school)

When I was talking to my mum today, she said I need to be on AD's. I think it was intended as a joke but I'm not sure. I never suffered from PND but did have a few weeks when I felt I couldn't cope.

Been feeling like this for 3-4 weeks now.

Lonelymum Thu 07-Apr-05 13:53:49

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the moment with a difficult child, a job, moving house and decorating. It might just be a stressful time and something you will come through. How do you feel in yourself?

kid Thu 07-Apr-05 13:58:43

I was ill for 3 weeks with cold / flu and just wanted to stay in bed. Unfortunately it was during the easter holidays and I had to entertain up to 5 kids. I'm better now though.

I look after my nephew on my days off work, he is 17 months old and is good.
My nephew and DS are both napping at the moment and I feel fine. Should really be tidying up but I can't be bothered. I feel I am not organised with washing, ironing, housework etc.

From September when DS starts fulltime nursery, I will be increasing my work days (from 2-3 a week to 4 every week) but I am begining to wonder if I will be able to cope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now