Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I'm gonna fall apart i just know it

(36 Posts)
nutcracker Thu 07-Apr-05 11:34:33

Have been trying so hard not to post under here but feel like i'm gonna fall apart.

Not even sure why, well no thats not true am fed up, lonely and fed up. My kids have been quite good these hols but am ready for them to go back now, i just want a break teeny tiny one thats all.

Am trying to lose weight and failing miserably, it's just not working, the more i do and less i eat the fatter i get.

Have got a headache (my own fault too much vodka) and could just cry for nothing really. Even a few threads on here have made me wanna cry and there was nothing wrong with them.

Don't like me anymore, wanna swap.

TracyK Thu 07-Apr-05 11:37:46

whats your weather like - its nice (but windy) here - can you go for a nice walk?
or go buy a nice gossipy mag and have a milky coffee??

BubblesDeVere Thu 07-Apr-05 11:37:46

Awwwww babes, believe me, i know exactly how you are feeling, what you have just posted is a mirror image of how i'm feeling (except my headache is two bottle or red wine).

Haven't got any suggestions but just wanted you to know you are not on your own.

Lonelymum Thu 07-Apr-05 11:39:24

So sorry you feel this way. Could it be the strain of the holidays (even if your children, unlike mine, are being good). I know I feel like running screaming from the house right now. Anyway, when they go back to school, you will have a change of routine which might make you feel better.

Can't help with the weight loss thing, though (don't bite my head off) I wouldn't have thought vodka was good for the diet!

northerner Thu 07-Apr-05 11:41:56

Hi Nutty. Sorry you feel like this hun.

How are things in your relationship? Can you get away for a weekend with your dp?

Podmog Thu 07-Apr-05 11:43:06

Message withdrawn

nutcracker Thu 07-Apr-05 11:43:15

No i know the vodka is bad for my diet, but felt like getting peed. Not good i know.

Had told the kids they could go outside but now it's raining. Eldest 2 have gone upstairs to play dressing up and ds is playing with the vacuum.

Part of me will feel a bit better once they are back at school i think.

Just feel like i'm on a slippery slope to destruction and can't get off.

nutcracker Thu 07-Apr-05 11:43:34

Sorry that sounded OTT wasn't meant to.

nutcracker Thu 07-Apr-05 11:46:06

Northener - that did make me laugh. Think a weekend away with dp might be worse than staying here with the kids.

northerner Thu 07-Apr-05 11:48:18

Sorry

Think that may be part of the problem then?

nutcracker Thu 07-Apr-05 11:49:26

Yeah it is but i usually cope ok with it, you know just get on with things, but it is getting on top of me now i think.

northerner Thu 07-Apr-05 11:51:53

Is the situatio with dp fixable?
Do you want to fix it?

Fio2 Thu 07-Apr-05 11:51:56

i know this is going to sound patronising, but the drink makes you depressed. i know i do it too. have no advice, think its quite normal at this time in our lives to feel all strange about stuff

nutcracker Thu 07-Apr-05 11:54:23

Your right Fio and i know that too i think, just wanted a drink though. Have never drunk so much as i have in the past few weeks.

Nope Northener it isn't fixable, i don't want to be with him and he shouldn't want to be with me cos i am awful.
I know people have given me countless advice on ending the realtionship and honestly it is something i am working on but am trying to do it slowly so that i do it right i think.

Somwtimes i wish i could do it quickly though.

Fio2 Thu 07-Apr-05 11:57:36

neither have I nutcracker, i have drank FAR too much. Really must stop. Will do when kids go back to school

nutcracker Thu 07-Apr-05 12:04:58

Well i have run out now so will have to stop

Fio2 Thu 07-Apr-05 12:06:40

LOL

golds Thu 07-Apr-05 12:13:25

I'm feeling really low too, everything is falling apart. Thankfully the kids are happy colouring and ds is going to a friends to play at 2pm. I'm soooooo bored, I have loads I could do, but don't want to do anything, all I have done today is stare at this screen and eat chocolate. I have no money so can't even go out, I would love to take them out for a treat.

Roll on Monday, back to normality, I'm fed up of being a miserable mum.

Sorry, not very helpful, I know, just wanted to let you know i feel like crap too. School holidays should be banned.

nutcracker Thu 07-Apr-05 12:17:38

Yes they should Golds, or should come with free tickets for local attractions , or a nanny

Mine go back tuesday.

golds Thu 07-Apr-05 12:22:32

got the six weeks one to look forward to next. I should love and cherish these special times with my kids and fill them with many childhood memories.

Sorry was dreaming for a moment there, all my friends seem to lead a much more exciting life and have so much enthusiasm, I don't know how others do it. I should be grateful they are playing nicely I suppose. Note to self - stop being so MISERABLE

nutcracker Thu 07-Apr-05 12:24:40

Well dp has just decided that tonight is the night to get dd2 to sleep without her lamp on great just what i need (not).

She will be screaming and crying hysterically and i will be running up and down the stairs. Ahh well at least it will help my diet.

nutcracker Thu 07-Apr-05 13:24:50

feel like running far far away and never coming back

BubblesDeVere Thu 07-Apr-05 15:20:29

Nutcracker, how old is she? and why has he suddenly decided that? Surely its not doing any harm, both my dd's have night lights and they are 3 and 5

Fio2 Thu 07-Apr-05 17:47:27

I would leave her lamp on until they at least go back to school/playschool as your patience will be better. You dont really want to be dealing with kids all night when you feel so bad

tell him to go f**k himself

BubblesDeVere Thu 07-Apr-05 19:12:30

I won't be turning my two's lights off until they are ready, not bothered about their age, as long as they are happy and sleep through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now