Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Not sure if in right place

(11 Posts)
mmmmchocolate Thu 31-Mar-05 23:15:23

I have been having a fairly bad week with my DD, she is 7 months old and is refusing to drink milk, she is fighting dinner times (only thing she will eat is finger food mainly skips) her sleeping in right up the wall, she shouts from about 2am till i get up and get her. I have been in tears 3 times today, i have shouted at her, i have put her in her room in floods of tears and left her till i calm down, i just seem to not beable to do anything right for her. And now i feel like the worlds worst mum. Am i over reacting?

dropinthe Thu 31-Mar-05 23:16:35

No you just need a decent nights sleep and someone to tell you are doing a great job!

mmmmchocolate Thu 31-Mar-05 23:22:56

Prob right, i just hate seeing her cry at meal times etc just want her to be happy. Which she is execpt for dinner times and bottle times. Friend just said maybe her teeth so may pass. Fingers crossed. Thanks x

dropinthe Thu 31-Mar-05 23:28:38

What make/kind of milk are you giving her??What food??

mmmmchocolate Thu 31-Mar-05 23:31:49

Was SMA Gold now got aptimil and previously tried cow and gate, spits bottle out soon as she realises its milk. She currently has (well i try)

7.30/8 Milk
10/10.30 Breakfast
12.30/1.00 Dinner
4.45/5 Tea
7.OO Milk

Alsorts of dinners, cheesy veg, spag bog, anything smooth really doesn't like lumps in her meals. Breakfast not gone well at all thinking about just offering her a bootle again. Would that be bad?

dropinthe Thu 31-Mar-05 23:35:06

If she's not eating,milk is fine! She wont go hungry for that long-how long has this been happening? Does she drink anything else other than milk-ie juice or water?? Does she eat mashed up friut and veg?

mmmmchocolate Thu 31-Mar-05 23:37:19

Drinks diluted apple or pear juice by the gallon... She will eat it only if its really pureed, at moment anything going in is a bonus.I am beginning to dread bottle and dinner time.

dropinthe Thu 31-Mar-05 23:41:15

You've answered your own question!I'm afraid-she is too used to the sweet taste of the amber nectar!! She is using the juice as a substitute for milk and will carry on spitting her milk out and manipulating Mummy into giving her juice-she will cry and cry until she gets her own way which of course you will because you love her!! Have you taken her to be weighed recently?-best to get your health visitors advice(if you have a decent one)or make an appointment with whatever Doctor is trained to deal with babies!

mmmmchocolate Thu 31-Mar-05 23:45:10

Sh*t, never really though of that and now you have said it, it seems so simple. I got her weighted thid week for first time in 5 weeks and she was 17lb 2oz which is just below the average line. Spoke to HV (really crap one) and she said not to worry just try to give her 3 meals a day... which confused me slightly as i though babies needed 600mls of milk per day.... gonna book doctors tomorrow. do a double wammy as spot where i had my epidural 7 months ago is till sore to touch and when i sit in certain positions. Thanks for you advice x

tammybear Thu 31-Mar-05 23:50:36

hi mmmchocolate, i went through a problem of dd not eating (even now she still isnt!) and the best advice i was given is give little and often. HTH xxx

dropinthe Thu 31-Mar-05 23:53:23

Thats not right-maybe you have an infection there! I wish you luck at the quacks-let me know how you get on and I hope you have a better night-once the milk thing is sorted out then the food thing should follow-I think you will have to be cruel to be kind and cut out juice all together for a while-just water and then she will hopefuly welcome milk!! Maybe just a little juice at mealtimes will make her associate what she likes with food and be a positive thing-once she is full she will sleep better and so will you!! Good Luck!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now