Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Don't tell me that today is going to get worse.......................

(21 Posts)
BubblesDeVere Tue 29-Mar-05 10:21:02

What a crap few days I've had, hope it starts to buck up again soon.

The day before yesterday I started feeling ill and had an early night, yesterday afternoon I took a turn for the worse and nearly collapsed, I had the doctor out who told me that I had a bad virus and prescribed lots of fluids and rest for the next few days, I can't eat because I feel so ill. Anyway, after I went to bed yesterday afternoon after i went to bed,too ill, by the way to look after dd1 and dd2, dh went to the pub promising not to be late or come in drunk. I fell asleep and when I finally dragged myself downstairs to feed the kids i checked in on dd1's bedroom and she had completely trashed it,i must have really zonked out not to hear the noise she must have made.

Anyway, I went back to bed at 6.30pm after the kids had their tea and they watched a dvd in bed with me,by midnight there was still no sign of dh. I phoned his mate who was out with and he said he was on his way home, his mate sounded sober,so stupidly my hopes were raised, i then heard a bang, he fell up the steps at the back and couldn't get his key in the lock, i let him in and then he went mad at me for 'checking up on him'.

He has just come to bed and stinks to high heaven of stale beer and smoke, i still feel really ill, but has just got into bed cos he is ill knowing that I wouldn't be able to lie at the side of him smelling like that, so I have had to come downstairs to deal with the kids.

AND to top it off, last year I made a friend who I found out to have terminal cancer, I have phoned her over the past couple of months and not received a reply, i put this down to her needing lots of rest and having hospital appointments etc, I got a letter off her this morning say '**** tells me you have been trying to contact me, please don't call anymore'.

So now i am really pissed off, can do nothing but cry and feel too ill to go out or do anything.

Sorry for the rant and if you managed to read all this you deserve a medal. I hoped writing it all down would make me feel better but it doesn't

fastasleep Tue 29-Mar-05 10:24:35

Awww bubbles, I hope you have a more restful day today... just try to rest as much as you can!

Spacecadet Tue 29-Mar-05 10:37:48

poor you chuck a bucket of cold water over you dh , sorry about your friend, maybe she is struggling with her illness and doesnt want to speak to anyone. hope the rest of the week starts to buck up for you.{{{hugs}}}

Newbarnsleygirlsinsaneknickers Tue 29-Mar-05 10:42:10

Hope you feel better soon Bubbles.

I agree with Space cadet, your friend might be finding it hard to see people at this time of her illness.

BubblesDeVere Tue 29-Mar-05 10:44:19

I honestly don't know, i've known her for 6 months and we haven't been in touch much for 3, but i have rang her and left messages numerous times.

Spacecadet Tue 29-Mar-05 10:49:49

I know it sounds awful but you may just have to respect her wishes for the time being about contact, she could be depressed and peoplereact in different ways when depressed, it would be hardly surprising really, one of my rl close friends has a 9 year old daughter who has been battling cancer since she was 3 and on many occassions my friend would just shut herself away and ignore phone calls etc, till she felt ready to deal with it.Is your dh still in bed btw? cos id be tempted to roll him out of it!

BubblesDeVere Tue 29-Mar-05 11:14:12

Yes he is still in bed and showing no signs of moving, if the kids go in to talk to him he tells them to get out.

Spacecadet Tue 29-Mar-05 13:27:32

charming!Typical man eh? when we are ill, we have to keep going, but when they are ill, its a different story, sounds like his is self inflicted too.

kama Tue 29-Mar-05 13:29:43

Message withdrawn

Spacecadet Tue 29-Mar-05 13:31:54

its a good job men dont have to give birth eh? we would be exinct by now

BubblesDeVere Tue 29-Mar-05 13:46:59

Your not kidding we would be extinct by now. He is STILL in bed, we were supposed to be going out for 2.25. Luckily the kids have'nt remembered. the bedroom smells like a brewery now, any ideas on how to get the horrid stench out before I go to bed?

moondog Tue 29-Mar-05 13:51:22

What an oaf
Go out without him.

BubblesDeVere Tue 29-Mar-05 13:59:29

Thing is though, he was supposed to be taking the kids out for me so that i could have a couple of hours. I don't feel well enough to go out really. Just annoyed at the fact that he CANNOT go out with the lads without getting completely blottoed.

Spacecadet Tue 29-Mar-05 16:16:09

have you tried oust? gets rid of bad odours, but sadly not hungover dhs

mummytosteven Tue 29-Mar-05 16:20:32

don't get mad - get even.

how about you have nights out, or if you aren't up for that "virtual hangovers" with no responsibility on the days that you agree on?

is DH off the rest of the week?

BubblesDeVere Tue 29-Mar-05 17:23:42

Spacecadet, [grin} about the oust, i wish it did get rid of a smelly, hungover, mardy arsed hubby.

BubblesDeVere Tue 29-Mar-05 17:25:00

M2S he starts back at work on friday, he would NEVER accept me having a day doing nothing, he couldn't or wouldn't compe with the kids on his own. when he does them something to eat its a case of, how many, how do i cook it, how long do i cook it for, what do they eat it with etc.

BubblesDeVere Tue 29-Mar-05 17:25:04

M2S he starts back at work on friday, he would NEVER accept me having a day doing nothing, he couldn't or wouldn't compe with the kids on his own. when he does them something to eat its a case of, how many, how do i cook it, how long do i cook it for, what do they eat it with etc.

Spacecadet Tue 29-Mar-05 17:53:59

what! a day of you doing nothing, where does he keep his club sorry but he will never learn if not left to it. you should just walk out for the day, leave him to it, with the kids, he would have to learn how to cope!

BubblesDeVere Wed 30-Mar-05 17:35:12

I am sorely tempted spacecadet, but don't think i want to have my children having to put up with his temper.

Spacecadet Wed 30-Mar-05 18:47:42

oh dear

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now