Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

so down today

(86 Posts)
nikcola Thu 24-Mar-05 13:52:10

ive got to go to a friends party on sat and i really have no clothes (i no this is trivial compared to what some people are going through)

i went into town and there is nothing that fits me so i came home with a plain black v neck off the sholder top,
im really thinking about not going now as i feel embarressed and ashmed that everyone will look lovely and i will look like a fat ugly blob and i will proberlly end up getting very drunk and feeling sorry for myself

WigWamBam Thu 24-Mar-05 13:57:26

Darling, you will look just as lovely as everyone else, and it would be such a shame to let what you're wearing spoil the enjoyment of a party. Have you got some funky jewellery or some pretty scarves that you could jazz the top up with? I'm sure that you have nothing to be at all embarrassed or ashamed of; I'm very fat, but my size doesn't define me because I try very hard not to let it. You are far more than just the size of clothes you wear.

sweetmonkey Thu 24-Mar-05 13:58:03

why dont you have a look in charity shops if y ou couldnt find anything in the high street,either for something to go with yr outfit - ie bright coloured bag, or shoes, or jewellery.could you not get some spray glitter and spray yr top with it . that will look v pretty and you'll sparkle too.
HTH

nikcola Thu 24-Mar-05 13:59:42

i no but i dont go out much and when i do i allways wear the same thing, i want to go out but i wll just feel unconfortable my weight really gets me down i no i shouldnt let it bit it does im still waiting for my diatitian appointment cause its getting worse soemtimes i really hate myself

Bella23 Thu 24-Mar-05 14:00:15

I totally sympathise with how you are feeling. Nothing quite like a shit shopping trip when you are feeling fat and have a do coming up. My advice is to look in your wardrobe and see if there is anything that you could spruce up perhaps by buying some new shoes etc. Sometimes you just need to try the shops again and try more stuff on, even stuff that you don't normally go for. Good Luck, remember we all feel like this sometimes but people at the party won't be thinking anything horribel about you, they'll be too busy drinking and chatting!

sweetmonkey Thu 24-Mar-05 14:02:03

where abouts do you live? if you dont mind me asking what size are you? im sure you will look lovely whatever you wear. if people judge you because of yr size then they are def not worth knowing!!
what about having yr hair different or a funky belt?
not sure if im helping at all

nikcola Thu 24-Mar-05 14:03:27

ive got black trusers that i allways wear and ive stuck them in the wash,

ive ordered some new black trousers and a few t- shirts from next they are coming tomoorw but the trousers proberlly wont fit the t-shirts are too casual for the party,

as for shoes i need new shoes too i might get some on saturday i really hate shopping its gets me so upset why the f**k dont they make NICE clothers for bigger people

nikcola Thu 24-Mar-05 14:04:03

im in luton sweetmonkey, and im a size 18-20 top and 22 trousers

WigWamBam Thu 24-Mar-05 14:04:22

Tell me to mind my own business if you like but what size clothes do you need?

WigWamBam Thu 24-Mar-05 14:05:31

Crossed posts, sorry. Have you got a branch of H&M anywhere near you, the bigger branches go up to size 32. You can also get larger sizes in bigger branches of New Look and Etam - and there's always Evans, if I dare say that word!

nikcola Thu 24-Mar-05 14:05:34

u are helping when i went out for my 21st in january i had nothing to wear so i worn a pick vneck thing and black trousers and every one looked lovely except me so i went in the loos and had a cry

nikcola Thu 24-Mar-05 14:06:50

new look in luton do the bigger sizes but they only do a few things like combat trousers or something they dont do nice tips though,

are shops open tomoorw?

BubblesDeVere Thu 24-Mar-05 14:07:19

Have you got a peacocks store near you? they do lovely clothes for the larger lady and all at really reasonable prices.

sweetmonkey Thu 24-Mar-05 14:07:49

have you looked on the littlewoods extra , freemans and look again websites.they do nice clothes in all sizes , if you found any today you might be able to order them for sat delivery

lou33 Thu 24-Mar-05 14:08:17

Nik, H&M in Milton Keynes have a great range of larger sizes, have a look there maybe? Their prices are usually pretty good too

lou33 Thu 24-Mar-05 14:08:51

Isn't there a peacocks in dunstable?

nikcola Thu 24-Mar-05 14:09:53

peacocks s where i got the black top from !!

dunstable is soo crap isnt it lou?

WigWamBam Thu 24-Mar-05 14:09:55

Some of the bigger Marks and Spencers have a range of larger sizes too, they're a bit more expensive but might be worth a look.

TheVillageIdiot Thu 24-Mar-05 14:10:34

There's loads of shops in MK that sell your size and there's a bus from Luton to MK if you don't drive.

TheVillageIdiot Thu 24-Mar-05 14:11:21

Ah I see Lou got there first with the MK recommendation

nikcola Thu 24-Mar-05 14:15:46

i might just get some new shoes and wear black trousers the black top, and slap on the make up to hide my arse!

WigWamBam Thu 24-Mar-05 14:17:47

Again, tell me to bog off if you like but I have just been rooting around in my wardrobe to see if I've got anything I could send you. Most of my stuff is much to big for you but if you want it I've got an unworn burgundy skirt, quite long and floaty with a very fine pleat in it. It would look gorgeous with a black top. It's Rogers and Rogers size 22 but comes up quite small. If you want it say now, I can stick it in the post today.

nikcola Thu 24-Mar-05 14:20:29

oh wwb that is so kind of you you have made me cry but i cant wear skirts cause the tops of my legs rub together and get sore but that you so much anyway you are so so kind xxx {{{{{{{}}}}}}}}

i think i will be ok in the black trousers if the ones from next fit!!! they are so stingy with their fabric!

lou33 Thu 24-Mar-05 14:21:06

Yes it is NIk. Try MK , H&M in particular

nikcola Thu 24-Mar-05 14:21:33

i think im going to have to go on a diet but find it so hard to lose any weight at all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now