Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

my friend is on the phone threatening to kill herself

(14 Posts)
concernedaboutafriend Tue 22-Mar-05 10:57:03

and I don't know what to do. shes had a lot to deal with in her life and it has all come to a head now. I don't know what I can do or say to help. I am so very scared for her. I feel so helpless. I don't even live anywhere near her so I can't go and see her.

CountessDracula Tue 22-Mar-05 10:57:37

can you call someone who does live near her and get htem to go round?

Kayleigh Tue 22-Mar-05 10:58:42

Get her to call the Samaritans ?

fastasleep Tue 22-Mar-05 10:59:07

Does she have a partner you can get back to her?

Marina Tue 22-Mar-05 10:59:45

Is she ringing from her landline or her mobile? Can you give the Samaritans the number of whichever she is not using right now?

concernedaboutafriend Tue 22-Mar-05 11:02:00

her partner is less than supportive. she has got nobody

fastasleep Tue 22-Mar-05 11:02:54

Samaritans and convince her to get to the doctors? There's nothing else you can do..

pindy Tue 22-Mar-05 11:09:08

Is she still on the phone to you?

BubblesDeVere Tue 22-Mar-05 11:32:13

Whats happened? did you manage to get her to calm down or call the docs or samaritans?

concernedaboutafriend Tue 22-Mar-05 11:53:29

she is going to go to the doctors. I made her promise me and to ring me when she gets back.

BubblesDeVere Thu 24-Mar-05 10:08:25

Has she rung you back, how did it go for her? is she ok now?

pindy Thu 24-Mar-05 10:27:02

Have you heard from her? Thinking of you both.

Spacecadet Thu 24-Mar-05 11:30:12

could be wrong but i suspect this thread was about me, im still here but if anyone has read my other thread they will see what i have been through, im struggling, scared opf next menieres attack, i still feel suicidal but i havent done anything about it, its more fear, i just want to turn the clock back to before any of this, before the menieres

pindy Thu 24-Mar-05 16:37:51

okey dokey spacecadet - if it is about you - please just keep trying - it must get better soon - if it isn't about you - still the same!!! Hope Easter is a nice time for you. A friend of mine has menieres (sp) and I know sometimes it is really difficult.

Good luck - thinking of you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now