Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

my grandad just died...

(15 Posts)
helsi Thu 17-Mar-05 01:29:24

sorry just needed to say it as can't sleep now.

sallystrawberry Thu 17-Mar-05 01:31:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

helsi Thu 17-Mar-05 01:32:34

dh has been up but I've sent him to bed now. Gradad had alzheimers and was in a home but even when it is a bit of a relief its still sad.

janeybops Thu 17-Mar-05 01:33:35

so sorry, my gran died last month so sympathise.

mummytosteven Thu 17-Mar-05 01:39:56

sorry to hear that.

Jaysmum Thu 17-Mar-05 05:05:40

So very sorry about your gradfather. I nursed my granpa for 2 years, he too had alzheimers and even though I adored him so much, he was not the man I had known all my life during the time I cared for him.
I was heart broken when he died.....but now I think of him "upstairs" tending to the flowers....he is as I knew him as a child and not the man affected by such a horrific disease.
I am sure your granpa would have provided you with many happy childhood memeories.....treasure these for always.
Thinking of you and your family at this sad time.

helsi Thu 17-Mar-05 14:45:51

Thanks for you kind words & thoughts. Not been to work today. Mum was up all night so couldn't really look after dd all day.

catgirl Thu 17-Mar-05 14:52:47

I am very sorry to hear your sad news.

Cadbury Thu 17-Mar-05 14:53:53

So sorry to hear this sad news helsi. Thinking of you and your family.

bundle Thu 17-Mar-05 14:54:15

helsi i'm really sorry about your grandad, xxx

nnosam Thu 17-Mar-05 15:17:09

am sorry to hear about your grandad, i lost my grandad last year even though its 13mths later it still hurts and makes me cry. {hugs to you}

hermykne Thu 17-Mar-05 15:44:24

aahh, sorry helsi for you and dh, and family.

i think its wonderful when ones grandparent gets to see ones children, ie great grangchildren, and even if he had alzeihmers, the contact was probably great for him, and oyur dd.

my gran meet my dd and knew i was pregnant with ds when she died and i know she was so thrilled to have meet them

JoolsToo Thu 17-Mar-05 15:49:53

Ah that's really sad - so sorry.

nutcracker Thu 17-Mar-05 16:46:47

Sorry to hear this Helsi, my grandad died on tuesday so i understand how you feel.

Yorkiegirl Thu 17-Mar-05 17:52:14

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now