Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I am soooo embarrassed

(9 Posts)
jampots Mon 14-Mar-05 13:56:14

Ive just phoned the new obesity helpline (launched today) to talk about my weight (which is really bothering me) and Ive ended up crying I am sooo embarrassed but admit I do feel a lot better for it. How did it happen?

Expectantmum Mon 14-Mar-05 13:58:48

{{{{{{{Hugs to you}}}}}}}

Theres nothing like either a good cry or laugh to make you feel better x

sweetmonkey Mon 14-Mar-05 14:00:00

dont feel embarassed sometimes it helps to cry.
it shows we are human and have feelings.
did the call help at al though?

dabihp Mon 14-Mar-05 14:01:40

I blame chocolate... root of all evil!

Fimbo Mon 14-Mar-05 14:01:52

It has made you feel better and you'll probably never meet the person on the end of the phone so don't worry .

mummytosteven Mon 14-Mar-05 16:55:08

sometimes all it takes is to start talking about a problem, or for someone to ask if you're OK, and the floodgates open.

good to let it all out - that's what helplines are for!

Gobbledigook Mon 14-Mar-05 16:57:11

Jampots - hugs to you. Have to say I'm shocked though as no way do you look anything like fat to me from your photos.

With regard to crying though - it helps and it's good to cry so don't feel embarrassed about it.

nikcola Mon 14-Mar-05 17:00:42

did they help JP i was thining of ringing too my weight is getting worse and {{{{{{{}}}}}}} for you xxx

nikcola Tue 15-Mar-05 22:36:21

how are you jampots xxxxxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now