Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Do I need help or just a kick up the backside?

(2 Posts)
chelseamorning Tue 28-Oct-08 22:24:04

I'll try to keep this brief, otherwise I'll be here for days.

- I'm 42. DS is now 2 yrs old.
- BF until he was 17 months.
- Had regular/normal periods 3 months after he was born as he slept through the night.
- Since giving up the BF, have very erratic periods, sometimes 3 months apart.
- Have really awful mood swings sometimes.
- Am I pre-menopausal or just hormonally unstable?!
- I'm self-employed but have put work 'on hold' for a few years to look after my absolutely gorgeous DS full-time. My decision as I only plan to have one child and so want to enjoy every minute of him. However I occasionally miss my 'previous life'.
- I bite my DP's head off sometimes for no reason.
- I hate my body and the way I look. I look like a sack when I try on clothes in shops. I'm jealous of those Yummy Mummys.
- I miss 'me time'. I spend all my time thinking of others.
- I feel I'm a 'waste' on the household resources because I'm not contributing financially to it. I miss the freedom of having my own money and therefore having an equal say in decisions.
- I have friends who are working at least part-time and so feel a tad jealous occasionally that they have some of their previous life back.
- I find it hard to concentrate. I make lists but often forget to pick them up before I go out.
- I miss spending 'couple' time with my DP. Can't remember exactly the time we last made love. It's so far down on my priorities.
- Also can't remember the last time I had a good night's sleep.

So, would you give me a kick up the backside?

Waltzywotzy Tue 28-Oct-08 22:36:38

I think you need a goodnights sleep and are still adjusting to your new life as a parent. You sound like you are doing fine, quite normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now