Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

sertraline and sex drive

(4 Posts)
mumblecrumble Tue 28-Oct-08 20:57:11

OK, so I know there are way more serious threads in theis topic but wondered if Mumsnet wisdom might help....

Been on sertraline for 6 weeks for general anxiety disorder and theraputically the drug is fab. Had sicky, headaches side effects for about 2 weeks, then a bit dizzy but these have cleared now and life is much better [i;m mega grateful]

Couple of side effects seem to be lasting and I firstly wonder if anyone knows if these are going to last as long as I'm on drugs or will fade off and if there's anything I can do about them.

Main one is mega loss of sexual sensation. My brain desires DH, my body desires DH but orgasm is impossible and it feels like there's a a massive thick condom between us dulling out the sensation.

Definietly drugs as sex was good (although more lazy and not as regular as pre baby of course!) before taking them. Am reluctant to stop drugs yet but wonder if there's anything I can do.....

Thanks

charitas Tue 28-Oct-08 21:54:09

I have to agree, took it many years ago and checked on my own to confirm that yes it was much harder to orgasm. Think I just put up with it though.

mumblecrumble Wed 29-Oct-08 20:20:00

bump

mumblecrumble Sat 01-Nov-08 20:20:02

there was magic yesterday morning....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now