Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Is it true that something happens to your hormones 9/10 months PN?

(13 Posts)
NBheebieGeebies Mon 27-Oct-08 10:17:15

When I had my first dd I suffered with anxiety, having horrible thoughts that plagued me all day. I managed it on my own without ad's or counselling.
When dd was around 9 months I started to feel bad again but we moved house a couple of months later and I picked up.

At the time I'm sure I read or heard that you get a surge of hormones or some kind of inbalance and you can feel low again.

Well ds2 is now 10 months and I'm feeling crap again.
I didn't get the chance to feel better with ds1 as I fell pg with ds2 when ds1 as 6 months.
Admittedly I have come off my AD's so that could be part of it.

I guess I just want someone to say that its normal and I'll feel ok again in a couple of months grin

NBheebieGeebies Mon 27-Oct-08 10:32:15

bump

suey2 Mon 27-Oct-08 10:44:25

don't know the answer, but i was diagnosed with PND 3 weeks ago and dd is 10 months- so what you say is true for me.
Empathy vibes re the horrible thoughts- so distressing

NBheebieGeebies Mon 27-Oct-08 10:47:33

Luckily I've got over the horrible thoughts thing.
That is horrendous when you have a baby.

Is this what your experiencing Suey?

suey2 Mon 27-Oct-08 10:51:06

fewer now, thank goodness- i have been on ADs for 2.5 weeks. The 2 weeks before and after i started them were horrendous.

What surprised me was that i didn't feel sad, it was a total absence of feeling that was my main symptom. Thankfully i am beginning to feel the love for my daughter and husband again. Still good and bad days

How is it affecting you?

NBheebieGeebies Mon 27-Oct-08 11:02:02

God I totally understand it.

I find it hard to go out. I have a fear of passing out so it effects me if I'm not well.

suey2 Mon 27-Oct-08 11:39:05

that sounds hideous.
My GP explained it as being a chemical thing related to childbirth that can hit you at any time in the first year after having a baby.

NBheebieGeebies Mon 27-Oct-08 11:56:47

Well I very much hope that you start to have more great days than bad and that it will sod of back where it came from grin

You were on the same Ante natal thread as me weren't you.

(its NBG btw)

suey2 Mon 27-Oct-08 12:32:20

ah yes! you were a november who ended up as a december, no? I remember now. My dd was blimmin 15 days late, too.

Yes, piss off PND- i'll drink to that!

NBheebieGeebies Tue 28-Oct-08 14:36:58

Yep, thats right.
Ds2 was due 28th Nov and came 8 days later hmm grin

suey2 Wed 29-Oct-08 13:05:31

hi NBG- you don't take cerazette, do you?

NBheebieGeebies Wed 29-Oct-08 19:29:00

No I dont.
I was on Citalopram. 20mg to start with but it made me sick so I was reduced to 10mg.
I don't think it did all that much tbh.

I haven't taken them for a few months now and when I was, I kept forgetting so I could go a week and have only 1 tablet.

suey2 Mon 03-Nov-08 10:08:14

how are you doing nheebiegeebies?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now