Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Lustral - how long before I feel better?

(9 Posts)
larahusky Tue 21-Oct-08 18:25:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sweeneytodd Tue 21-Oct-08 18:32:48

not sure about that one ...but i was on floxitine and they worked for
me
took a while to kick in iyswim

larahusky Tue 21-Oct-08 19:14:49

Liffey Tue 21-Oct-08 19:18:33

Hi Lara, I took these years ago. I think I felt a bit better within a week tbh, even though doc said it would take longer.

It was gradual, but about six weeks after I started taking them, I was out one day and I realised "I am not completely miserable, I may even feel....hmm content-ish". It was a good feeling!

Keep taking them. THe only side effect I had was that I kept losing weight. I am only small, but I went down to about 7 and a half stone and they did make me get diarrhoea, but not awful, awful diarrhoea, it was livable with you know?

But everybody thought it was that I had no appetite. My appetite had returned while I was on them actually.

Liffey Tue 21-Oct-08 19:19:26

Sorry, I hope what I said about the dreaded D word won't put you off taking them!

Liffey Tue 21-Oct-08 19:20:13

I had totally different side-effects, so that is weird! My post has been no help at all to you.

larahusky Tue 21-Oct-08 19:52:25

LackaDAISYcal Tue 21-Oct-08 20:02:06

I think it took just over a week, maybe two for them to die down. I had headaches and also felt resltless and irritable (even more so than without them, lol)

I hope you feel better soon smile

....and you have reminded me what I'm in for as I'm going to be changing from fluoxetine to them in a few weeks!

larahusky Tue 21-Oct-08 21:34:42

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: