Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I think I just need someone to give me a good shake.

(9 Posts)
NotDoingTheHousework Wed 08-Oct-08 10:38:41

Message withdrawn

Dioriffic Wed 08-Oct-08 10:40:51

Message withdrawn

NotDoingTheHousework Wed 08-Oct-08 10:43:26

Message withdrawn

NotDoingTheHousework Wed 08-Oct-08 11:17:30

Message withdrawn

MarshaBrady Wed 08-Oct-08 11:25:24

Oh NDTH I feel for you. Ok is there anyway you can have a break from your domestic life?

Could you do some work... I know it;s a crappy usual suggestion but I got through a bad patch (ok horrible depressive patch) by taking some freelance work and effectively forcing myself to stop thinking so much. It was better for me than ads. That and running, twas bloody hard though.

And you do deserve your lovely DP, you just don't feel like that at the moment.

Helennn Wed 08-Oct-08 11:36:19

So sorry you are feeling this way, I have been there once before and it is awful I know.

I have just read an article in the paper saying that research shows that St. John's Wort is just as effective as most anti-depressants for mild to moderate depression. Also, an article yesterday was saying how effective exercise is for helping combat it, I know gardening and art is also helpful, (my friend was an art therapist in a mental health department so I know it's true). Please try some of these things.

It does sound as though you realise how lucky you are, and also how destructive your current behaviour could be. I know how lonely and soul-destroying it is spending too much time at home on here, (it is strangely addictive is it not?), but how much better I feel when I make myself get out and about.

So, consider yourself well shaken. I order you to get exercising, gardening and paint me a nice picture. If you have not already tried it, talk to the health food shop about taking St. John's Wort, (I know you are not allowed to take it if you are on the pill), and get out in the sunshine!

Please let us know how you get on.

NotDoingTheHousework Wed 08-Oct-08 11:52:00

Message withdrawn

Dioriffic Wed 08-Oct-08 14:59:11

Message withdrawn

ScareyBitchFeast Wed 08-Oct-08 15:11:40

just briefly, have you thought that alcohol actually makes you depressed?
and you are moving? that is a stressful time isnt it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now