Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I'm cracking up!

(8 Posts)
Spongebob Mon 28-Feb-05 21:24:52

Yesterday was a really bad day for me....DS normally naps twice during the day, so I get to catch up on a bit of rest, but for some reason he decided to screech the whole day long (fine and laughing as soon as I picked him up and walked around with him) by the end of the evening I was shattered and I shouted at him to "Shutup"...which instantly made me feel like a complete witch. Then I proceeded to take it out on DP who just ignored me beautifully, so I downed half a bottle of wine and ran out of the house crying and muttering to myself...walked half a mile to the shops to buy some fags ( I dont smoke btw), got home and smoked one and spent the rest of the night shaking and puking up! Today I just feel weak and incapable. Do we get days like this? or do I(like my DP suggests) get help? Its not a regular occurence but every day I seem to be feeling a little more down in the dumps.

JoolsToo Mon 28-Feb-05 21:31:19

I may get shot down in flames (what's new ) but I'd say - yes - we all get days like this.

I know I certainly did, but it sounds like your dp could be a bit more empathetic and helpful.

Hopefully it will pass but if not and it keeps happening then maybe it would be advisable to seek help.

Hope you're feeling better now

Frizbe Mon 28-Feb-05 21:31:54

I do think we all get days like this, but it depends how often you get them as to if you need help? Are you with ds 24 hrs a day, whilst dp is at work? if so, do you get any you time? out with the girls etc? do you have people/places close by to get out to with ds (this can help with insanity) or are you stuck in the house in the middle of nowhere/somewhere with little facilities? Does dp help out when he gets home? or do you feel its all you, you, you ?
I guess what I'm trying to say is try to look at cause and effect and then decide if you need to get further help?

pixiefish Mon 28-Feb-05 21:32:05

Think you should try and see someone. If it was just a one off then fair enough we all have bad days but if you feel that you're getting worse every day then you need to speak to someone. Try your gp/hv/nurse. If you don't want to go there have you a friend that you can talk to.

Spongebob Mon 28-Feb-05 21:37:30

I'll see how it goes. DP is great practically I can't fault him, shops, does laundry, washes up etc. But DS is 99.9% up to me 24/7. My mum lives abroad and I don't really know anyone in the same sort of position as me, friends I have are busy with jobs etc.

Frizbe Mon 28-Feb-05 21:49:45

Do you get chance to get out at all in the evening? I found I started to feel normal again, once I got a bit of me back as it were! Could dp babysit one/two nights a week whilst you get out and do something? (Yoga/Aerobics/night school, dancing/martial arts etc? something for you?) Are their any mother and baby/toddler groups near you, these save lots of sanity and introduce you to lots of other people in the same boat as you. Have you looked into homestart \link(http://www.home-start.org.uk/site/index.asp\homestart}
HTH

Frizbe Mon 28-Feb-05 21:50:26

try that link again! homestart

Spongebob Mon 28-Feb-05 21:57:54

Thanks. I will look

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now