Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Can you go off the rails when pg?

(5 Posts)
lambbanana Tue 23-Sep-08 18:20:22

SIL nuts most of the time but seems increasinly more aggresive when pregant. poor brother and my mum getting dogs life.
She is a bit of a cow most of the time anyway.

misi Tue 23-Sep-08 22:27:46

yes, short answer. the mix of hormones in pregnancy can upset brain chemistry if there was a tendency beforehand for 'episodes' of strange behaviour ( a techy term is nutty !!)

best if you can persuade her to go to the docs and ask for help, either a blood test to see if there are hormonal anomalies or for counselling, but getting her there is often the biggest hurdle.

good luck

lambbanana Wed 24-Sep-08 07:33:45

misi,
not a chance she is a nasty piece of work and everyday I thik my brother regrets ever being with her. He has dc 4 and pg again so does not want to walk out on his kids, although if people knew the half they would tell hin to run.
Every occasion she has caused some sort of trouble, weddings/christenngs/parties/own scans/the list goes on.
thanks anyway.

misi Wed 24-Sep-08 12:49:16

ah, was she like this before the first PG?

ChopsTheDuck Wed 24-Sep-08 12:52:19

Hormones can be awful. I am generally very laid back, but got very short tempered during pregnancy. I threw a cauliflower and a pot of tea at poor dp on seperate occassions!

Sounds like your brother is having a rough time and really needs to pressurise her to get some help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now