Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Tonsilitis?

(6 Posts)
lemonlady Sun 21-Sep-08 22:47:38

Had tonsilitis 2 weeks ago, missed last 2 days meds (know i shouldn;t) my throat is sore again.
Could it be back again?

JacobsPrincess Sun 21-Sep-08 22:51:25

Yes.
Either recurrance of first infection, or a new infection caught when defences were down.

Get 'em whipped out!

lemonlady Sun 21-Sep-08 22:54:25

I hope not, I didn't sleep for 2 nights as my throat was so sore. I asked the doctor for Medicine instead of tablets and it came in 3 bottles, 1 got shoved to the back of the fridge.
Only ever had it once before when I was about 14,

JacobsPrincess Sun 21-Sep-08 23:00:00

I suffered as a small child and again at Uni. Was so bad Drs thought it was glandular fever fore a long time. Tonsils were black for weeks. Yuck. Had to wait 2 years for them to be taken out!

Best home remedy - Slice a clove of garlic and but in a small jar with a couple of tablespoon of runny honey. stir well and leave overnight. Honey will get runnier! Then take a 5ml spoonful of the mixture every couple of hours. Tastes a bit weird but the antibacterial properties are great. hope you're feeling better soon!smile

lemonlady Mon 22-Sep-08 09:00:24

Thanks Jacobs,
Been awake all night with temp 38.5, throat like sand paper. Managed to get appointment at 11am.

Thanks again. x

JacobsPrincess Mon 22-Sep-08 10:39:09

Hope everything goes well at Docs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now