Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

feeling pretty low today....

(38 Posts)
Titania Sat 26-Feb-05 09:43:02

for one reason or another. I'm here on my own with the kids. I miss my dog the place is so quiet without her. ds1 has been yelling at me all morning saying he hates me for taking the dog away.

It's 10 years today since the day I was supposed to see my father for the first time in ages but he died before I got to see him on the same day.

DH is at work. I am so tired and feel really really fed up....Ive tidied upstairs and done 3 loads of washing and ironing, got the kids dressed and fed and done the dishes but thats about it. I have got nothing to do today. I know I should make the most of it but I can't. The dog going has halved my workload....I know I should be grateful in a way but I hate it...I hate the silence and not knowing what to do with myself

I have no energy and I feel so very very lonely........

jampots Sat 26-Feb-05 09:46:20

hi titantia

im glad to see you're back but sorry that you're on your own today.

Also sorry about your dog

jampots Sat 26-Feb-05 09:46:43

Are you planning on going somewhere to lay some flowers for your dad?

Titania Sat 26-Feb-05 09:52:27

his ashes were scattered on the church garden 100 miles away from me. I have asked about putting a plaque or a tree/rose bush there for him but they said they haven't got any room

Yorkiegirl Sat 26-Feb-05 09:54:10

Message withdrawn

Titania Sat 26-Feb-05 09:54:32

oh god......they are all screaming at me now.......

jampots Sat 26-Feb-05 09:55:10

why not go to your local park and choose a tree where you can go when you feel you want to be closer to your dad. Get some flowers and lay them at your chosen tree. Also could run some of the kiddies energies off at the same time. It was my mums bday on Thursday and my dads tomorrow so 2 trips to the cemetary within 3 days for me

jampots Sat 26-Feb-05 09:55:29

ignore them.... unless they're hurt of course

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Sat 26-Feb-05 10:08:30

Honey I think that you should do what Jampot suggested. Go to the local park and choose a tree. Then you have a permanent, local spot. It would be good for the kids to get out and very good for you too. When I've felt that I have no energy and the last thing that I want is to go out, then that's exactly the best thing for me. It's amazing what a walk will do

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Titania Sat 26-Feb-05 10:09:04

the park round here is rough....the second i leave the flowers they will be trashed and that would break my heart on monday when i have to walk through there to take the kids to school. have put ds2 back down and he has gone back off to sleep. have separated the other 2 and told them they can only play together if they are going to play nice...they are doing their own thing now.

I have been looking for a rose bush to plant now I have got a garden...but i cant seem to find one that i like

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Sat 26-Feb-05 10:13:31

Right, have a cuppa and go sit in the garden. Don't do any work or any jobs that you feel you need to right now. Take in some really deep breaths and think about the best things that are going on in your life right now. Even if it's only one little thing. Think about the things that you are grateful for (even the screaming monsters in your home ) Spend a little time remembering just how wonderful you are. If there's time and space (and I know how rare and valuable that is) then have a lovely scented bubble bath. We love you. Life's great. Ok

TiredBunny Sat 26-Feb-05 10:14:00

Can you pack them all up and just go for a really long walk. Apparently that hels when you are feeling low. Feeling the same here. My ex has got my dd for the day and I feel lost.

TiredBunny Sat 26-Feb-05 10:14:10

helps

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Sat 26-Feb-05 10:14:47

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} tiredbunny.

TiredBunny Sat 26-Feb-05 10:19:07

Sad though.... I really have no feelings for him but he has just found himself a tall slim and lovely new girlfriend and now i feel rubbish. SHe isnt allowed to meet him yet but its annoying when b***ds land on their feet and gloat! Anyway I don't want to moan - I cant imagine losing my dad. My Grandma died last year and I bought a lovely angel ornament called 'Angel of peace - to thouse looking down with love' it says...Its on my telly and reminds me of her. Theyre from a company called Willow Tree and they are really nice - maybe u could buy one Titania xxxx

TiredBunny Sat 26-Feb-05 10:19:31

Thanks MTMML... I need that hug!!!

KatieinSpain Sat 26-Feb-05 10:57:26

Hi Titania,

Glad to see you posting. How would you like to commemorate your Dad? A living plant sounds good to me, too. How about asking the gardening bods on here for their advice?

Does it help knowing the day he died, he would have been thinking of you and knew you wanted to see him - all positive stuff. Yes, it didn't happen, which has got to be so hard for you but that doesn't take away from the fact you were in the process of building bridges.

Be kind to yourself today.

jangly Sat 26-Feb-05 11:18:05

Thinking of you Titania. Don't really know what advice to give. If you could get out when little'un wakes up, that might help. Or just try to rest. BTW your little ones look so angelic in the pic! Bet they are most of the time.

TiredBunny Sat 26-Feb-05 11:21:08

HOw do i look at pics????

Titania Sat 26-Feb-05 11:23:16

kateinspain....she didnt know...i was going to surprise him...he was supposed to be going to my grandads (his dads) for the weekend and i was going to turn up...but he rang him to say he was feeling too ill to travel there. I keep thinking....if he knew he was going to see me...he might have hung on...just for a bit longer.....

jangly Sat 26-Feb-05 11:23:38

Oh you've put a new one up Titania - sooo sweet!! Tired bunny - go to Topics - member profiles.

Titania Sat 26-Feb-05 11:24:00

MIL has decided she is going to descend on me any minute....really dont need her faffing and fussing over me today.....

SeaShells Sat 26-Feb-05 11:28:33

Why don't you leave MIL with the kids and take some time out for yourself Titania, go have a nice long soak in the bath!

((((hugs)))) to you today.

Lonelymum Sat 26-Feb-05 13:00:10

Hi Titania, don't know what to say to cheer you up, but I have just come online again after three days without the computer and just wanted to say hi and send you a virtual hug. I too am feeling low. I don't think this miserable freezing cold weather helps any, do you?

I missed what happened about your dog. Do you want to tell me or should I search the threads?

Titania Sat 26-Feb-05 13:49:02

we had to take her back to the centre LM....she bit me and went for another woman.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now