Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

feel like my world has hit all time low

(5 Posts)
mum2jakeyroo Fri 05-Sep-08 20:43:59

I posted a couple of months ago and tbh helped get my head straight. I have been suffering with depression for nearly a year now. tried ad's but came off as was pregnant. am now 35 weeks and am wishing i wasn't pregnant one minute and am looking forward to birth next. tonight i have shouted at my nearly 2 year old really bad to the point that my dp tried to take him off me. i am such a horrible mum - i have debated leaving before but my kids and dp i can't bear to leave. has any mum out there left and not regretted it. sorry for the ramble.

Arbuthnot Fri 05-Sep-08 20:49:59

So sorry you feel crap. Don't really know what to suggest but didn't want this to go unanswered. Have you talked to the HV about possible Ante Natal Depression?

TotalChaos Fri 05-Sep-08 20:52:12

talk to any health professional you trust (whether GP/MW/HV) about how you are feeling. the thinking others would be better off without you is a common symptom of depression.

Janni Fri 05-Sep-08 20:56:37

You are the mother and the partner. You are irreplaceable and you need to really believe this. You are feeling very low for reasons which we cannot really understand here - hormones? past experiences? change of circumstances?

I really agree that you need a safe space where you can talk about all the confusing thoughts going around in your head and that you need to approach a health professional, perhaps along with your DP, whom you trust.

BTW two year olds are challenging to the most resilient, cheerful of parents!!

allgonebellyup Sat 06-Sep-08 08:04:47

Can i just say; my sister suffers terrible depression when pregnant, hates everyone and everything, and as soon as the baby is born she is fine. Hopefully it could be this?

when i was pg i also went from being really excited to thinking "oh hell what have i done" (never totally sure i wanted another baby)and this caused me to feel quite depressed.
When he got to about 6-12months i realised how much i loved him and i couldnt imagine life without him.

Hopefully its all about your hormones going wacko!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now