Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

i feel bad

(8 Posts)
prueweller Mon 21-Feb-05 04:26:43

i feel really bad dh has to be up in an hour and a half and he is trying to get lo to sleep the thing is i cant stand to be in the same room as her ive been up with her for neally two hours and now i dont want to be anywhere near her during the day i am fine its just now i feel really bad and a really bad mother

Pele Mon 21-Feb-05 05:56:07

You are not a bad mother. You may have post Natal Depression. How old is baby and how long have you been feeling this way?

marthamoo Mon 21-Feb-05 06:43:16

Pele is right - you are not a bad mother, you are very very tired and may well have PND. Have you spoken to your GP?

prueweller Mon 21-Feb-05 07:53:28

havent spoken to anybody dont know what to say shes 13 weeks

trinityrocks Mon 21-Feb-05 08:27:05

Pleas go and see your midwife/health visitor/doctor any one and just say what you have said on here. I believe that you are suffering from sleep deprivation and probably PND aswell, I have been there and I'm still recovering, there is lots of help if you just reach out to someone and shout help!!!!!! Please do it for you and your baby )

Hope you feel better soon, you are NOT a bad mother! remember that!!!
Take care

cat82 Mon 21-Feb-05 10:33:22

Prueweller, no you are absolutly not a bad mother. I agree with everyone, you're suffering from sleep deprivation (in my opinion the worst form of torture) and maybe pnd. Like trinityrocks, i also have pnd and have felt very, very much like you.
I really would speak to your gp or health visitor about this.
Please take care
xx

prueweller Wed 23-Feb-05 06:06:57

i feel worse tonight dh is not being very supportive he keeps making comments thinking they are funny and they are not and its not helping and i told hm this but its like runny up a brick wall with him you dont get anywhere! its hard enough having a 12 week old lo let alone putting up with him every thing is a joke to him hes got make a joke all the time and moans at me for being moody and depressed sorry but i cant help it does he think i want to be like this well i dont dont think anyone does! ive tryed taking to him but like i said he makes a joke of things i have two children not one!! never thought that that saying was ture i have prove of that sorry rant over!

adamkylesmum Wed 23-Feb-05 16:05:07

prueweller, i felt exactly like u - my son is now 2.7 & did nothing but scream for the 1st 6 months. we were lucky to get an hours sleep a night. i couldnt admit i wasnt coping to anyone in case they thought i was a bad mum & suffered in silence until he was over a year old. my marriage nearly broke up because neither of us were sleeping & he didnt understand. eventually i went to the doctor who put me on citalopram & referred me to a counsellor. i didnt want drugs but they just helped me to get out of bed in the morning. the counsellor was fantastic & i was off the drugs after a few months. my son is now fantastic (obviously he has tantrums & stuff but the good bits outweigh the bad) & i am so glad i got help when i did or we would all still be miserable. dont be afraid to ask for help.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: