Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Tired of being down

(4 Posts)
turtle23 Mon 01-Sep-08 09:29:57

I have had depression in the past, that is not what's wrong with me. Yet. I am, however, starting the thought patterns which bring me down. I find myself in a cycle of complaining about life which makes me down, which makes me complain, which makes me...I need to find some kind of system for breaking this cycle. How can I try to inject more positivity into my life? I have a beautiful little baby who does at least make me smile now, but I feel I owe it to him to be a bit more cheerful. Any thoughts?

nush32 Mon 01-Sep-08 13:36:59

Turtle...I'm following you around!....snap once again, know how you feel. I know it sounds silly but I've taken to baking! It's something easy to do when your DS is entertaining himself and it's kind of nice to create something. Also, there is something quite comforting about the smell of something baking in the oven. Plus I always catch up on a bit of boogieing in the kitchen whilst I'm making something. Last thing I baked (scones) were a compleat disaster, but was fun to make them....What do you think?

Kiansmummy Mon 01-Sep-08 16:29:33

Oh bless you- the best advice I could give you is to try and keep busy try to get out for a walk, nip to the shops, a social visit, read a book, do all those jobs you have been putting off, play with your baby e.t.c
If you keep your mind or body active sometimes these thoughts diminish!!! Knowing that these thoughts are starting is a positive sign in itself- do you think you could be bored or tired of the same routine. I believe you should fight any issues you face and these thoughts may stop. Keep being strong!!

turtle23 Mon 01-Sep-08 20:04:45

Kiansmummy-thank you. Will try.
Nush- You fancy meeting up sometime? I don't know very many people in the same situ as me and you seem to understand what's going on!! Could meet somewhere in the middle? If you fancy it my email is sarahturtlehopewell at gmail dot com.
Baking would be fab. Am trying to lose the baby weight though. Gained 30kg shock and have lost 18kg so far. Must keep it up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now