Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

on line counselling

(14 Posts)
pipsy1 Sun 20-Feb-05 07:41:06

Does anyone know an online counsellor they would recommend? I really feel I need to talk to someone just to get things off my chest about my past, worries, problems etc. but with a baby I just can't commit to going once a week to see a face to face counsellor. Obviously this would be better but I thought maybe online would be better than nothing

ghosty Sun 20-Feb-05 07:42:55

Hi Pipsy,
You are new to mumsnet aren't you?
I don't know whether there are any online counsellors but I wanted to say hello and welcome.
You might well find the support you need here ... I come to MN whenever I need support ....
Ghosty xxx

ghosty Sun 20-Feb-05 07:43:58

PS ... you probably think I am stalking you ... but I am not, I promise!!!
Someone else will be along shortly i am sure

pipsy1 Sun 20-Feb-05 07:47:20

Stalking's fine!! As you say its just so nice to air thoughts and problems with others who are often in the same boat. Its harder in front of RL friends. Thanks for talking x

ghosty Sun 20-Feb-05 07:49:16

That's ok ....
I am usually on MN at this time ... when everyone in the Uk is getting up I am set for the evening .... I live in New Zealand you see ...
So if you are around early, and need a chat I am usually here ... but during your daytime there are literally BILLIONS of mumsnetters who will be happy to talk to you!!!

Beetroot Sun 20-Feb-05 08:01:59

Message withdrawn

fostermum Sun 20-Feb-05 08:02:48

hay ghosty what part of nz u in

ghosty Sun 20-Feb-05 08:33:18

fostermum ...
I live in Auckland

SPARKLER1 Sun 20-Feb-05 09:09:16

Hi Pipsy - haven't been ignoring you. Just haven't spent too much time on here last day or so due to rather large red wine consumption on Friday night. Sorry to hear you are feeling low - I can sympathise with you - am taking ADs myself and awaiting a counselling appointment. Not sure about the online counselling - don't have any to recommend I'm afraid but would suggest to you to be very very careful. Just watch that you find a reliable one and not something dodgy. You don't want to reveal all your personal information to someone who could actually cause you more problems in the long run. xx Take care. xx

pipsy1 Sun 20-Feb-05 10:30:39

yep maybe u r right. i think i will have to make the time to go see doctor and get a recommendation, i hadn't really thought things through properly. thanks spark

Christie Sun 20-Feb-05 10:38:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pipsy1 Sun 20-Feb-05 11:25:12

It just helps so much sharing things doesn't it. I already feel jollier just knowing you guys are out there to talk to!
Just going for a rest with Sunday papers while the baby sleeps so catch you later

fostermum Sun 20-Feb-05 17:54:40

i come from auckland well just out side miss it like hell your very lucky

adamkylesmum Wed 23-Feb-05 15:58:15

my friend recommended mumsnet to me & today is the first time i have been on properly. have found loads of useful comments about all sorts of things. i suffered badly with postnatal depression (son now 2.7) & would have loved this site then. having problems at moment & can feel myself slipping back so am glad to have found this site. I saw a fantastic counsellor that my doctor referred me to for my PND & i would recommend giving it a go, even tho it feels awkward at 1st. remember u r not alone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now