Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

My response to being angy is to cry. Am I alone?

(10 Posts)
callmeovercautious Sat 30-Aug-08 00:10:47

Since I was PG with DD the smallest thing that upsets me makes me cry. She is now nearly 2.

I have always been quite a strong person in many ways but now even a waitress being rude to me or some silly woman cutting me up and nearly causing a crash makes me burst into tears.

DH thinks I am still hormonal as I still BFing DD but I think it is more than that.

I get a surge of anger that when I try to express turns to tears.

Anyone else have this?

Dragonbutter Sat 30-Aug-08 00:13:30

could be frustration?

IAteDavinaForDinner Sat 30-Aug-08 00:14:31

I used to blubber if anyone made me angry, and it was infuriating, but since having DS this is no longer the case. In fact, I think now I would be more likely to assert myself. No idea why, I just feel less inclined to take any crap.

I don't think BFing does it, but I know loads of people who have become more emotional or sensitive about for eg news stories since having a child.

StayFrosty Sat 30-Aug-08 00:20:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

callmeovercautious Sat 30-Aug-08 00:28:30

The standard phrase sounds good but I think I need to work on mine. I told the woman who nearly hit me "that was a bit silly" blush I was so angry and near to tears, DD was in the car and the alternative was a foul mouthed rant! No in between without tears!

Luckily she was so relieved I did not punch her she agreed and we both drove off - I cried later!

lisad123 Sat 30-Aug-08 00:34:11

Im the same blush
Its horrible and i feel really silly, but have just accepted it tbh. Your not alone

StayFrosty Sat 30-Aug-08 00:41:06

StayFrosty Sat 30-Aug-08 00:42:15

Bowddee Sat 30-Aug-08 00:46:53

I cry when I'm angry. It's the frustration of not being able to punch someone really really hard.

That statement is of no use to anyone, but at least you know that it's (probably) fairly normal.

callmeovercautious Sat 30-Aug-08 23:22:44

I think your statement is probably spot on Bowddee. Pre DD I was a bit more laid back and bit my tongue a LOT. Now I tend to speak my mind and get into confrontations - DH did not know what had hit him grin

I feel better today thanks to everyones advice. Good to know I am not alone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now