Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Need quick mood boosters.

(12 Posts)
MistressMary Sat 19-Feb-05 11:28:29

Having shite day, feeling low and muddled headed.
Lots of stuff to do and cannot get organised, Something to brighten the mood needed immediately.

Suggestions please?

charliecat Sat 19-Feb-05 11:30:55

Do it in little bouts of 10-15 mins. Leave the pc on...do what you can...sink back here for 5-10 then do another 10-15mins work. I did exactly that the other day as I was feeling like you and I got loads done....Good Luck!

wobblyknicks Sat 19-Feb-05 11:39:43

Music does it for me every time - as long as you put perky music on and don't fall into the 'deep' music trap!!!

suzywong Sat 19-Feb-05 11:47:00

Brazil nuts, full of selenium. Or better still chocolate coated brazils

I agree about the music, 90s rock myself, because I am so old

wobblyknicks Sat 19-Feb-05 11:51:11

by the way mm, if you go to msn.co.uk and go to music downloads you can stream tracks for 1p each if you're fed up with the music you've got atm. And this weekend they're not charging for streams at all!!! You just need to register.

suzywong Sat 19-Feb-05 11:52:33

OH WK you knowledgeable young thing you . I still listen to vinyl. really must get the hang of downloading.

hope you get perky soon MM

ImuststopdrinkingBlossomhill Sat 19-Feb-05 11:53:01

God mistress mary you could be me.

wobblyknicks Sat 19-Feb-05 11:53:50

lol sw, its just that I change music preferences so quick that its not worth buying loads of cd's i'll hardly listen to so i just stream it to listen to and then buy it if it's still in my head 2 months later!!!

CountessDracula Sat 19-Feb-05 11:53:51

Go for a walk in the lovley sunshine today, look at some blossom coming out etc. Always does it for me!

tigermoth Sat 19-Feb-05 11:54:02

pop back on the computer now and again to enter competitions - gives you something to dream about!

MistressMary Sat 19-Feb-05 12:01:37

What about a head transplant for me?

Honest so muzzy headed.

Got the music thing going on,and I will walk in the park this afternoon.
Had a bowl of cereal and little one is a sleep now.
So off to change the bed before he wakes for dinner.

Thanks all.

MistressMary Sat 19-Feb-05 23:53:21

Fed up, to be honest.

Cannot shake off this muzzy head.
Got to wait til 17th march to see the doc about my moods too.
No news on my birth notes, no intimacy with my OH and my partner again working all weekend.
I hate feeling this low.I shouldnt be feeling like this at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now