Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anyone know how CvQ is today? Has she been in touch with anyone?

(983 Posts)
thumbwitch Fri 29-Aug-08 00:35:26

She was in a bad way in the early hours of this morning, has anyone had any contact with her at all today? Am quite worried about her.

piratecat Fri 29-Aug-08 00:36:47

no havent seen her today, but i have only been on this evening, but thats still about 5 hours blush

giraffescantdancethetango Fri 29-Aug-08 00:36:50

yer she was on today

on same thread i think.had a few offers of support from people - MNP to help with routines still. and shesells...etc to come and stay for a few days.

not sure how she is this evening.

kormachameleon Fri 29-Aug-08 00:38:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cornsilk Fri 29-Aug-08 00:39:37

had she namechanged korma? I saw a worrying thread earlier - didn't occur that it could be CVQ.

giraffescantdancethetango Fri 29-Aug-08 00:39:53

oh no kc i didnt see that.

Carnival Fri 29-Aug-08 00:39:57

CVQ was on the thread about whether to drink with antibiotics at 10am

kormachameleon Fri 29-Aug-08 00:40:15

kormachameleon Fri 29-Aug-08 00:41:38

cornsilk Fri 29-Aug-08 00:45:49

I think that was the same poster that I saw on a different thread. She was getting lots of support from MN thank goodness. Didn't realise it was CVQ.

thumbwitch Fri 29-Aug-08 00:49:40

yes, I saw that she was on at lunchtime on one of her threads - get confused about reading the times and dates sometimes! blush
korma, I think you're right, that looks like her. I hope she is ok

needsupport Fri 29-Aug-08 11:27:42

sorrysad

thumbwitch Fri 29-Aug-08 11:33:17

hi pet, are you ok?
Sounds like you had an awful time yesterday, how are you doing today?

needsupport Fri 29-Aug-08 11:38:25

the same really
my CICA money came through and i feel so dirty again<sob>

thumbwitch Fri 29-Aug-08 11:52:45

ah love, not good to have another reminder

but the money will be useful, no?

thumbwitch Fri 29-Aug-08 11:57:23

mind you. sometimes that's not the point - you don't even want to spend it because it feels like the money is tainted somehow, yes?

needsupport Fri 29-Aug-08 12:02:50

its dirty money

thumbwitch Fri 29-Aug-08 12:11:11

yes I can see that.
what are you going to do with it?

needsupport Fri 29-Aug-08 12:15:52

a friend said to live off the interest.not sure i even want to do that though.
great fun talking to me isnt it<sob>
ive been raped all over again in my mind

thumbwitch Fri 29-Aug-08 12:22:18

honey it's not about fun just now, it's about being here for you. You are naturally a funny girl, it has just been overridden for a while because you are going through a bad patch but we will still be here through it and after it.

Please, please consider trying the EFT (do you still have the link I sent you a few days ago?) - it WILL help to take the pain out of your situation and diminish your memories of the rape. It is still fairly recent and the trauma will still be relatively fresh in your psyche and biochemistry so it is not surprising that a trigger like getting the compensation money sets it all off again like it was yesterday.

I don't know what to suggest about using the money - you obviously can't use it to buy anything nice as it will always be a reminder of where the money came from, I understand that; but you have been given it for a reason so perhaps using it to fund therapy would be one idea?

(((((hugs))))) for you - is your mum being any help today?

needsupport Fri 29-Aug-08 12:28:19

i dont remember a link?
ive shut myself away but she keeps checking in on me.i dont want to be around anyone though.i just want to be left alonesad
i might go for a walk later

thumbwitch Fri 29-Aug-08 12:33:59

has she got j then? or are you keeping him with you? Or is he too strong a reminder as well?

Here is the link for EFT, the page on trauma and abuse (which is effectively what you have experienced)

Do you have an oil burner? If you do, please get some mandarin, lavender and roman chamomile oils and have those wafting around you - they are all calming, soothing and uplifting oils that will help your biochemistry to recover.

needsupport Fri 29-Aug-08 12:37:31

hes with me.this isnt his faultsad
thankyou ill look at that now

thumbwitch Fri 29-Aug-08 17:38:22

how are you doing now m'dear? have you had some sleep at all?

needsupport Fri 29-Aug-08 21:38:49

a bit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now