Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I feel as ill as i did 18 months ago

(42 Posts)
Beauregard Sun 24-Aug-08 21:47:58

Not coping too well with anything and binge eating like you wouldnt believe.
[feeling sick]
dd's found me crying on the stairs today and dd2 said "I sowee i nooty mommy"
sad

thisisyesterday Sun 24-Aug-08 21:55:19

aww, are you on meds? in therapy of any sort?

Beauregard Sun 24-Aug-08 21:59:41

No meds
They dont work
Had 6 sessons of CBT last summer(after waiting over 12 months),complete waste of time.

thisisyesterday Sun 24-Aug-08 22:03:00

how many different meds have you tried? I think I had about 4 different sorts before I found the one that worked for me.

and what helped with that was having them prescribed by a psychiatrist rather than GP becasue they know more about the ins and outs of each one and how they can help.

it might be worth giving them a try? and am a bit shocked that you only got 6 sessions of CBT doesn't really cut it does it>?

you know things CAN get better, unfortunately sometimes you need to push for help, when sadly you're at a point where you're least able to do so.

Dior Sun 24-Aug-08 22:07:51

Message withdrawn

thingamajig Sun 24-Aug-08 22:09:31

pfnm, I'm so sorry that you are feeling like this.
You sound pissed off by the medical profession, I was at this point last year, when I moved house and connected with a better mental health team, who upped and changed my meds and offered psychiatry which was much more helpful that CBT, which I found to be worse than useless.
Each antidepressent is frankly likely to have an effect in only 40% of the people who take it so it often takes 3 or 4 different drugs at different doses to help.
Is there anyone with you atm?
How old are your dds? dd2 sounds very cute.
smile

Beauregard Sun 24-Aug-08 22:11:19

Have tried Seroxat,Sertraline,Venlafaxine,and one other (cant remember name)
They truly dont work,they mess with your head more,they give you side effects.They dont do anything that time wouldnt do.
I would have liked more therapy of some sort but after waiting so long and only getting 6 sessions of CBT ,whats the point?
CBT btw consists imo of nothing more than writing down stuff.I dont have time for that ,i am lucky if i have time to go to the loo lett alone do that.

Beauregard Sun 24-Aug-08 22:17:04

I would like to exercise more but i cant find time.I work evenings mon-fri,dont eat my tea until 9-10 and have dd2 during the day and then spend weekend catching up on stuff in the house,decorating ,being an anus with the housework.If i exercise i want to walk and walk fast not toddle around.I also like company and if my mom cant come with me then i am reluctant to go.Oh and i am knackered most of the time too.

Beauregard Sun 24-Aug-08 22:19:24

Dp is here,he knows i have been struggling last few days but is so used to it that he doesnt pay it much attention.

dds are 6 and 2

Today would have been my sisters birthday too so i know thats not helped

Dior Sun 24-Aug-08 22:22:29

Message withdrawn

thisisyesterday Sun 24-Aug-08 22:34:49

I agree with Dior. it's so hard when you get stuck in that rut, but no-one except you can make the change.

I remember my friend once saying to me that right now I couldn't see what was best for me, even though I thought I could and that I needed to let go and let other people help me, and to trust what they were saying.

perhaps the same is true for you? meds CAN and DO help, when you get the right one.
you need to chat with your GP, ask for anther referral for counselling.
do you think you can talk to DP about this? tellk him exactly how you feel. get him to come to the GP with you and make sure what you're saying gets heard

Beauregard Sun 24-Aug-08 22:37:28

Tbh Dior and i know you understand lovely, i cant be arsed
If i go back to GP what can they offer me?......not much.
I will try and up the exercise ,need to anyway to shift the 7 pound i want to lose.
Are you on hols then Dior?

Beauregard Sun 24-Aug-08 22:41:26

thisisyesterday-I have told dp how ill i have been feeling so he is well aware .The only GP i would see only works 2 days a week and trying to get appointment is nightmare and i havent the energy to argue.
I will be ok,keep plodding on.
The depression i can sort of cope with but it is the anxiety that really gets to me.
I am having horrid dreams too.

Beauregard Sun 24-Aug-08 22:44:26

Should go to bed as dp and i taking dd's out in the morning,what fun.
Ignore my maudling moaning.
Thanks for talking
xxxx

Dior Mon 25-Aug-08 21:13:52

Message withdrawn

Beauregard Mon 25-Aug-08 21:37:42

Hi Dior
Sorry only just seen message

Hope you are having a great time in Devon?
Yes i am on your msn btw

Feeling a bit better today.We have been out all day so my mind hasnt had chance to get a hold on me too much.Now i am back though i can feel im getting edgy again.Probably because its back to reality again.

x

Dior Mon 25-Aug-08 21:43:14

Message withdrawn

Beauregard Mon 25-Aug-08 21:59:59

Hi
No i need nagging believe me.
I shall endevour to get out tommorrow and do some walking.

Dior Mon 25-Aug-08 22:06:32

Message withdrawn

piratecat Mon 25-Aug-08 22:09:22

hi sad

it's me the crap friend.

have you tried prozac, i swear it keeps me alive. I tried seroxat and it nearly sent me slowly over the edge for 2 yrs.

xx

Dior Mon 25-Aug-08 22:10:27

Message withdrawn

littlelamb Mon 25-Aug-08 22:12:25

PFNM I have a vague feeling I have talked with you in the past. Is it you that has food phobias?

piratecat Mon 25-Aug-08 22:25:12

as you know, i struggled with my problems for yrs and yrs, and then gave in and stayed on the prozac.

seroxat made me feel suicidal, and know of 3 others who felt like this on it too.

Beauregard Mon 25-Aug-08 22:29:04

littlelamb-Yes it was me with the food phobias and the binge eating disorder,jeeee whizzzz im nuts.

Piratecat-You are not crappy friend,my god you have enough shit of your own to cope with.

perhaps the exercise will stop me stuffing my face?
Feel sick now.

littlelamb Mon 25-Aug-08 22:29:21

Piratecat, my brother had the exact same thing with Seroxat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now