Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

i'm getting there!

(3 Posts)
twins2cute Wed 16-Feb-05 16:34:08

I haven't been online for ages but I just wanted to say that since i posted last I have begun to feel loads better. I really did hit the lowest point that I have ever been and in a way it was good that i had the bronchitis which was what you could say the last straw. Last august i finally admitted how I was feeling and almost 3 years of bottled up feelings came out. My dr was really supportive and reffered me to a great councillor who has helped me so much. I am still seeing her at the moment I am slowly working through everything but for the first time in ages I actually feel like I am in control. I have a break 3 mornings a week where my twin boys (who will be 3 at the end of May) go to nursery. I actually get to do housework in the day so I am not up till all hours and can actually have something like an evening.
It has been tough facing up to everything admitting that I actually never wanted twins and being allowed to feel that way even though I wouldn't be without them. Feeling so angry that my pregnancy was so awful and that because the boys had twin to twin transfusion syndrome I had to have a c section which was not how I wanted to be. Then just as i started to feel I was getting the hang of being a mum I had time in hospital with gallbladder problems. I was in and out of hospital a number of times and 10 months after the first attack I had my gallbladder removed. Then having started getting on top of things again one of my twins had a febrile convulsion which lasted 2 hours. He ended up in southampton hospital on a ventilator. That christmas the boys had chickenpox then my husband had 3 weeks off work with a kidney problem. Then in the summer I had bronchitis. All the way through I have had to rely on other people and felt totally out of control in that our lives just kept going wrong.
All the way through I have struggled with a very difficult relationship with my in laws. My mother in law was the one that I snapped at when I had the bronchitis. I did phone and apologise the next day but I haven't seen her since and that happened last august. My dh has taken the boys but i havent been. It has caused a huge strain amongst the family but maybe one day I will feel ok to see her. I have just had to concentrate on me for a while.
This posting is a little muddled but I just wanted to say that things can get better after a while and it really does help if you can admitt that you have a problem.

MarsLady Wed 16-Feb-05 16:41:58

I'm glad that things are getting better for you, even in the midst of all that. Well done to you for posting and I hope that things get better and better for you.

makealist Wed 16-Feb-05 16:43:14

Pleased everything is starting to look up for you

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: