Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

S.A.D. - has anyone tried light therapy for this?

(6 Posts)
surprise Wed 13-Aug-08 17:01:43

Thinking about hiring one of those lamps that emit daylight, as I always seem to suffer really badly in the wintertime. Apparently it's best to start in September. Just wondered if anyone else had tried them and what's the best one? Thanks.

wotulookinat Thu 14-Aug-08 15:37:24

I have one and have tried and tried. It wasn't cheap - about £80 if I remember rightly. I'm not sure that it has ever helped, to be honest, but I shall no doubt try again this year!

pagwatch Thu 14-Aug-08 15:39:50

Last year we got the alarm clock one that wakes you up with natural light and i swear it helped my DH who suffers wirh this during the winter.
It was the Philips one from Boots and we still use it. I think it is worth trying although they are pricey ( about £90 )

wotulookinat Thu 14-Aug-08 15:44:51

I have read good things about the clock too.

Christie Thu 14-Aug-08 16:27:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

candyfluff Sun 17-Aug-08 13:37:59

hi there i also suffer from s.a.d and i brought a lumie brightspark from a company i found on the internet-sorry i cant remember what it was called cost me £100 and has been worth it !!!
i only started to get this after my 2nd child was born-
low moods
not sleeping
anxious
its not fun at all but i always have to take anti depressents aswell.
i feel sorry for anyone having to go through this every year -its horrible

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now