Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Miscarriage, feeling low

(6 Posts)
roseability Sun 10-Aug-08 15:43:06

Was feeling happy and stable after being on Citalopram for anxiety. I have a DS aged 2.4 and was really settling into being a mum and even enjoying my job as a staff nurse doing one shift a week.

Then we decided to start trying for another baby. I am just going through my second early miscarriage in consecutive cycles. I feel really low again. I am putting on weight again, which was a big issue for me after the birth of my son. Have no energy and horrible thoughts are returning such as 'what is the point in life if we all die anyway?' etc

Hope this will settle down and not getting depressed again

MmeLindt Sun 10-Aug-08 16:05:35

Don't get disheartened, mc is horrible, I had 2 myself before going on to have DD and DS.

Is there anything that you really enjoy doing that would make you feel better? Get a babysitter and go out for an evening with your DH. Or go out for the day with your DS. Distract yourself a bit. I found it all easier to cope with when I was a bit distracted.

I have not been treated for depression, perhaps someone else will be along shortly to give you better advice, but I did not want your post to go unanswered.

roseability Sun 10-Aug-08 16:15:34

Thank you. Just having a particularly bad day I think. The hormones are coming out of my system and making me feel a bit low. Not helped by the 3 biscuits and chocolate I just munched!

vonsudenfed Sun 10-Aug-08 16:22:12

Glad you're feeling a bit better.

The hormonal low afterwards is a very real thing for me too; it's hard enough with all of your plans and hopes in tatters without that on top.

And it's a big thing for your body to deal with too, so no wonder you have no energy.

I'm in the same boat right now, so know what you feel like. Except I have no biscuits here.

Bluebutterfly Sun 10-Aug-08 16:27:04

So sorry to read your story rose. I think that you need to be as kind to yourself as possible, right now. As MmeL has suggested, try to find little ways to look after yourself - treat yourself to dinner out or a movie, get a massage or practice some relaxation techniques, like yoga or something. Focus on the beautiful ds that you already have and do things together with him that he enjoys, so that you can watch him laugh. Grieve for your lost pregnancies, but remember that hope is not lost!

Although I have never suffered a m/c and can only imagine how emotionally painful that is, I have been ttc #2 for 18 mths now and know how disheartening it is to want more children and to feel that it never happens. I am sure that there will be other MNers on here who can give you positive stories about going on to have children after m/c's. Take care x

roseability Sun 10-Aug-08 17:39:39

Thanks guys. Just made myself go out and get some fresh air with my son and feel a bit better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now