Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Angry Angry Angry

(3 Posts)
MommyTsang Fri 01-Aug-08 19:46:45

I Just seem to be cross all the time !! I feel like I need anger maganement or something....I have DD 4 and DS 3 I dont seem to be able to stop shouting at them, I have a fuse that is microscopic at the moment and dont know why. Everything they do seems to wind me up, I feel like I have to repeat myself god knows how many times and resort to shouting to be heard. Crap parenting, i know.
Does anyone have any great advice or good websites to visit for advice , dont want to alienate my children any more than I have to. I am going to try st johns wort to see if this helps...Have taken AD in the past , this doesnt feel like depression.

piratecat Fri 01-Aug-08 19:49:51

hiya

if it is of any help, i have been feeling like this too. My dd is 6, and i think the combination of the weather (crap) and the holidays is making me resentful, tired, fed up and yes really angry.

I di have problems going on, but I am especially tense and shouting at her for the smallest thing. I am on antidepressants which work great for me, so it's not that in my case.

I have bumped into a mum today who is on her own with a 10 and 7 yr old, and she said she's been going potty too.

Is this a thing thats gradually built up recently?

MommyTsang Fri 01-Aug-08 19:59:21

It seems to come and go , I have discussed this with DH, I keep thinking it is maybe hormonal, as dont really have any other excuse. To be honest im clutching at straws. I know i shouldnt feel this cross, and yes, i feel the usual guilt associated with being pants ! Its nice to know you also feel this way. I dont want to turn into chav mom that only shouts at her kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now