Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I feel like im on a rolercoaster.

(4 Posts)
Babygotback Sun 27-Jul-08 23:21:27

My moods are constantly chopping and changing atm. Life is pretty difficult. Im a LP with 2 young children. Im so fed up with the way I look. I want to move on with my life and find a new partner but I cant see that happening with the way I look at the mo. I feel gross and dont think that any man will ever want me again. I disgust myself. I cant control my eating habbits, i just eat for the sake of it at times which is just making my weight even more of an issue.
Sometimes it just feels like life isnt worth the effort and I dont knwo how to pick myself up from this dip that i seem to be stuck in.

LOVEMYMUM Tue 29-Jul-08 11:37:54

Have you been to your GP to discuss this?

Maybe telephone MIND (number in your local phonebook).

goodie2shoes Thu 31-Jul-08 23:26:22

Hi,
This is just a small thought but I had to stop eating sugar as I had 2 big babies (third on way) (9lb 7oz and 10lb 2oz). What I found was after a week I didnt crave cake or biscuits anymore. Really strange, the ups and downs of sugary snacks.Plus I think I have overall lost body fat weight in past 4 months.
What I had to do was get diabetic chocolate from boots to get me through the first couple of weeks.The only draw back was the chronic flatulence. I called it "maternity wind" but I suspect it was the diabetic chocolate. This in the short term may not be of benefit to your quest for a new romance but could help with weight loss?

fifflegumps Fri 01-Aug-08 17:16:41

Or if that doesn't work, carry on with guilt-free eating and do a half hour walk every day. If no time - 10 mins of tummy exercises, 10 mins of running (which I do - just 10 mins) or weights (can of baked beans in each hand). At least you are making yourself feel better and also appetite will reduce a bit with exercise. Take one step at a time - don't tackle it all at once, and if you miss the running/baked beans for a few days - it doesn't matter - do it 3 times a week instead. It's a start....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now