Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

anybody have mouth ulcers after starting ADs?

(3 Posts)
rachelgreen Sat 26-Jul-08 21:18:17

I've been on citalopram for 10 days, just upped from 10mg to 20mg on weds and now have at least 12 mouth ulcers, so painful I can't eat. have googled and found one link that says it could be due to the dry mouth caused by ADs - anybody else had this problem? not sure if it's the ADs or generally run down.

PussinJimmyChoos Sat 26-Jul-08 22:43:57

I didn't have ulcers when upped to 20mgs of Citalopram but I did find mouth was very dry so I should imagine that combined with feeling run down has contributed to it.

Speak to a pharmacist and get a good mouth wash recommended for mouth ulcers - apparently it helps to get rid of them. Hope they go soon and you feel better from upping the AD dose

rachelgreen Sun 27-Jul-08 21:25:25

thanks, will pop to Boots tomorrow. yes, was just starting to feel a bit more human again and now have sore mouth to contend with!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now