Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How Do you make yourself feel good when life is crap

(20 Posts)
PinkWebby Tue 08-Feb-05 16:07:27

I am curious to know. Some times when life is crap and it feels like everyone and everything is against you (especially your children) what do you do to make yourself feel better.

I suppose I have a vodka a hot bubbly bath and make myself some nice dinner. Or go shopping on the credit cards and regret it later.

What do you do?

charlie01 Tue 08-Feb-05 16:09:21

I do exactly the same as you but replace vodka with a bottle of red wine!

Titania Tue 08-Feb-05 16:10:24

put loud music on and dance with dd like a lunatic!!!

noddyholder Tue 08-Feb-05 16:11:23

Big glass of red wine bar of chocolate and a crap video

tarantula Tue 08-Feb-05 16:12:49

Get Dp to make my fav dinner (Sea Bass with lemon and dill and new pots, asparagus and parmesan in chilli and garlic olive oil), a candle lit bath with essential oils and a nice glass of wine would be the best but failing that a nice cup of tes and some scrummy biscuits will often do. Or a good film and a big bowl of popcorn and a beer.

tarantula Tue 08-Feb-05 16:13:17

tea not tes

prunegirl Tue 08-Feb-05 16:13:39

Message withdrawn

oneofeach Tue 08-Feb-05 16:17:13

Buy magazine and some chocolate (lots of it). Pick a night when there is good stuff on telly. Let DH do all putting to bed/dinner etc. Read mag, watch mindless telly and eat chocolate. Come to think of it I do that most nights!

blueteddy Tue 08-Feb-05 16:17:44

Drink a bit of alcahol (most nights!)
I always find shopping really good therepy.
It has to be shopping 4 yourself though & not the children!
I did this when in the depths of my PND, after ds2's birth.
I went mad & bought loads of nice clothes for myself, as if to try & become me again!
Lots of them were going out clothes as well, to try & convince myself that I was going to have a night life again!!!! LOL!!!

flakecake Wed 09-Feb-05 17:09:55

Almost the same as you! Luckly I do not have much cash soooo.... It's like- a long walk, good movie and couple of beers. Or listen to something funny on the radio. Or call a long lost friend or reli for a gossip.

flakecake Wed 09-Feb-05 17:13:26

Yeah, and if you have a decent sound system happy funky loud music is good too!!!!!

Flip Wed 09-Feb-05 17:23:15

Still working on that one!

I might try the bath and bottle of wine.

amynnixmum Wed 09-Feb-05 17:29:46

A bath with my bathspa on and lavender oil in the water. Plus a big glass of red wine.

milge Wed 09-Feb-05 17:34:42

Have a look back on old photos, of especially good times and have a laugh at our dodgy 80/90's hair!( with a glass or two)

Tommy Wed 09-Feb-05 17:52:49

going out for a drink with my baby group friends and being able to chat and relax without worrying about the children....
must do that again sometime soon

KateandtheGirls Wed 09-Feb-05 17:55:59

Comfort food I'm afraid. A chinese takeaway, some wine and some chocolate. Makes me feel good at the time, until I start feeling guilty because I know I've been gaining weight.

KateandtheGirls Wed 09-Feb-05 17:57:15

On the other hand, when I work out, play tennis, or do yoga or pilates it makes me feel good and feel good about myself.

nightowl Thu 10-Feb-05 02:27:50

i go out, get drunk and dance like an idiot. ok so it only lasts for a night but thats a better night than if i stayed here. sorry, prob not good advice, not very sensible!

FairyMum Thu 10-Feb-05 07:16:22

A good night out with the girls or a long soak in the bath

nailpolish Thu 10-Feb-05 07:38:29

a night out with the girls never fails.

my favourite though is to have a night out with dh visiting our old haunts. thats a special occasion though really, involving babysitters!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now