Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Citalopram & Pregnancy

(9 Posts)
TheHedgeWitch Thu 24-Jul-08 11:03:13

Message withdrawn

TheHedgeWitch Thu 24-Jul-08 15:31:59

Message withdrawn

LittleMissNorty Thu 24-Jul-08 15:48:49

Think you should get advice from your GP....I was taking 10mg and as soon as I got my BFP, I stopped and my GP won't consider any treatment for me until I'm 16 weeks - which is a little over the top from what I can gather.

Speak to your GP quickly and get some advice

Congratulations BTW smile

TheHedgeWitch Thu 24-Jul-08 16:28:54

Message withdrawn

bundle Thu 24-Jul-08 17:36:26

not had any experience, but I believe there are other ADs which are preferred in pg

it's a case of weighing up the risk/harm benefit

LittleMissNorty Fri 25-Jul-08 08:42:37

Hope you get on OK at docs today x

Rhian82 Fri 25-Jul-08 08:58:08

I was on Citalopram when I found out I was pregnant - but looking at the dates I probably didn't start taking it till I was already pregnant (stepped up from Fluoxetine).

I was changed to Imipramine once they knew I was pregnant, which I found pretty rubbish and ended up coming off… so now I'm going it alone

There's no research to say Citalopram's harmful though, I don't think - just not enough research to say for sure that it's safe.

TheHedgeWitch Fri 25-Jul-08 11:06:54

Message withdrawn

LittleMissNorty Fri 25-Jul-08 11:08:16

Good. Hope you're ok and manage without ok - you can go back and get something else when you're over the 12 week stage if you need to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now