Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Advice needed - Would ad's help me??

(7 Posts)
stirlingmum Thu 24-Jul-08 10:27:43

This is where I am at the moment...

My h of 15 yrs is about to leave me. He doesn't love me anymore and, of course, there is someone else. I love him completely and I am having trouble seeing any future without him.

I am having increasing problems dealing with our 3 gorgeous dc. I find myself actually avoiding them. I dont want to be with them and fear I am taking out my anger and bitterness on them.

I am so worried they will end up hating me.

I dont want to do anything, or go anywhere, although I now do lots of keep fit which I must admit helps a bit.

This has gone on for 9 months now and I have avoided getting any ad's as I truly believed I could get through this without them but as I can now see the end of our marriage fastly approaching I dont feel I can cope anymore.

So, what I want to know is, does anyone think that ad's could help, maybe just short term to get my arse into gear?
And do they all make you put weight on?

stitch Thu 24-Jul-08 10:30:57

yes, i think they would help you.
in my case, they didnt so much make me gain weight, as prevent me from losing it four years past partum, ie, till i stopped taking thm.
aerobic excercise , lots and lots of it, sometimes helps people stay off, keep off ad's. but it seems as if you need something stronger right now.
speak to your doctor

issyissyissy Thu 24-Jul-08 10:33:41

Poor you. I think tablets would help, but not by themselves. Have you had any counselling? It does sound as though that would be a way of coming to terms with your situation and with working out your future. the dc are probably hurting too which is adding to your stress, so the counselling could help you to help them. Hope that helps. You will get through it but it takes time.

stirlingmum Thu 24-Jul-08 11:26:21

Thanks for your messages.

I think I have seen going for the ad's as a sign of defeat and I dont like things beating me!

I have just made an appointment and the next available one is next wed!!
Shall make do with the alcohol till then (joke - not a very good one though).

stirlingmum Thu 24-Jul-08 11:27:50

Stitch - when you come off them do you go back to feeling awful again??

stitch Sat 26-Jul-08 17:00:10

no, because you choose when to come off them. you do it at a time when the stresses which caused youto start taking them in the first place, have either disappeared, or have lessened dramatically. in your case, i would suggest well after your divorce is truly over.
and when you come off them, you do it slowly. never go cold turkey. its possible tthat you will still need things like excercise to keep you going, but that is just normal life stresses then. iyswim

stirlingmum Sun 27-Jul-08 18:24:56

Thanks stitch smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now