Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

has anyone heard of/tried accupuncture for depression/anxiety/pnd?

(4 Posts)
lucyellensmum Sat 19-Jul-08 16:39:57

A friend of mine has just had this for PMT and pnd and i was thinking of trying it. It isn't cheap but DP surprised me by saying he would pay for it for me for my birthday. I would like to stop taking medication - do you think this might help?

MissDown Sat 19-Jul-08 16:45:01

Im not sure, but if it does please let me know as I am also suffering depression and would sell my soul to feel better!

constancereader Sat 19-Jul-08 16:54:29

Yes, I have used it with great success to treat anxiety and pmt. I would give it a go, although try to get a recommendation for a good practitioner. It can be very expensive too. I used it to stop the panic attacks I had after ds's birth.

Good luck

lucyellensmum Sat 19-Jul-08 21:17:00

my DP thinks its better if i go to a chinese practitioner, but i don't know why really. I do have a chinese friend who uses chinese medicine, i might ask her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now