Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Citalopram question

(4 Posts)
LAUGHLOTS Fri 18-Jul-08 09:56:56

does citalopram take away your feelings of emotion? anyone experienced this whilst taking ad?

littlewoman Sat 19-Jul-08 00:34:51

This is probably going to sound sarcastic, but it's not meant to be, honestly

I don't find it removes my sense of fun or humour. I find it literally dulls the negative emotions (hence the term anti-depressant, I suppose).

I'm not as fearful or anxious on them. Not so bothered about future outcomes etc. So I'd agree that they do dull our reactions to certain stimuli, which means we don't feel emotions that we might otherwise feel, given the same stimulus. Yes.

dizzydixies Sat 19-Jul-08 00:37:02

I was told it wasn't an anti depressant as such but more of a mood modifier as I was fighting terrible mood swings - does that make sense even??

I didn't find it took away my feeling of emotion though just made them less polar opposites iyswim?

MissDown Sat 19-Jul-08 17:01:40

Im on 50mg of citalopram and Im really not feeling any benefit from them. I still having extremely bad moments but thats for another thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now