Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Another citalopram question

(2 Posts)
sleepingwiththeenemy Tue 15-Jul-08 14:13:04

Hi everyone. I have been on citalopram for a month now. My GP put me on them due to the crap I am going through at the mo (I have a thread in relationships called 'reported my H to social services) The first 2 weeks were pretty hellish - I've never known tiredness like it. None of the 'bad' side effects, and if I didn't have 3 kids to look after the tiredness would have been quite nice (had I been able to go to bed to sleep it off!). Anyway, after the first 2 weeks I felt my mood lift slightly, nothing drastic but I was more tolerant and generally felt better about things. But now, I seem to be drooping slightly. I'm shattered all the time again (I'm sleeping ok), and am getting quite tearful sometimes. I'm due to go back to see GP in a couple of days...I'm terrified he'll take me off them if I tell him I'm feeling down again. On the other hand I'm also scared he'll up the dose - not that I object to that per se but I don't want to feel like poo again, or feel 'zombie'd out' or anything. Anyone else felt like this after a few weeks on them? feels like I've taken a step backwards.

loopylou6 Tue 15-Jul-08 14:47:33

hi SWTE, i was put on citalopram around the same time as you and i am also experiancing the same as you, felt a slight mood lift, then got dropped right back down again (see my thread on here, 'why arnt my tablets working for me') i am going back the docs soon to either change meds or be increased, dont be scared of them taking u off them, they certainly wont do that, and dont be scared of them upping the dose, if u need it then u need it. i stared off on 10mg and within 2 weeks asked for a higher dose as i wasnt feeling improvement and figured if im gonna do it, i might as well do it properly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now