Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

citalopram, thinking to change the time i take it, advice PLEASE????

(6 Posts)
lucylue Sun 13-Jul-08 16:30:54

I am taking citalopram 10mg since middle of march. recently we increased it to 20mg. but it is making me sleepy during the day.
i am currently taking it in the mornings, and thinking of taking it night times.
i took my last dose this morning.
-if i want to change it to night times shall i take the next dose tonight or tomorrow night?
-and at night time is it wise to take it just before going bed or after dinner?
thank you very much in advance.

BigBadMousey Sun 13-Jul-08 16:35:45

i took mine an hour before bedtime or at bedtime if I forgot and felt a lot better all round.

to change I left one dose until midday then the nexy day left the dose until the evening therby staggering the change over about 24 -48 hours.

Don't take one in the morning and then one in the evening on the same day - you'd be better off missing a dose than doubling up.

lucylue Sun 13-Jul-08 16:43:10

thank you very much BBM.
-will i need to take it in the mornings again in the future?
-or continue with night times if i will be happy with it.

itati Sun 13-Jul-08 16:44:23

My GP told me to take it in the morning but I am not sure why. Just wondering if it why I am TATT.

lucylue Sun 13-Jul-08 16:55:56

more ideas please????

BigBadMousey Sun 13-Jul-08 20:18:42

gp told me to take it in the morning because it apparently keeps you awake but I found it made me sleepy (I have since discovered lots of people find that). If takig it at a different time of day suits you then stick with it.

I found it an awful lot better if I took it at bedtime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now