Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Feeling constantly low - is this a normal part of being a mum?

(4 Posts)
dopeydo Sat 12-Jul-08 21:27:17

Hello recently joined MN, Just wondering if anyone out there feels the way I do. I've found since having my DS who is almost 2 I have felt in a constant state of low mood more severe at times. I've dealt with various health issues which I thought was the reason, got through the sleepless nights of the early days and some teething and still feel that same low mood. I can only describe it as like a gray cloud above my head all the time which sometimes clears just for a second and then returns...hope that doesn't sound too silly. I don't know just seems life is just such hard work these days and being positive and 'happy' is a chore. I don't think the problem is my DS as he is just lovely and I adore him. It seems to be the rest of it. Now I'm sounding confused so will stop.

StressTeddy Sat 12-Jul-08 21:32:39

Oh darling - you are not alone - many of us feel very low and as if we are doing everything wrong. I think that being a Mum is so hard and relentless

Just keep talking to us all on here and take comfort from the fact that you are not alone

Love to you

nowwearefour Sat 12-Jul-08 21:34:09

yes lots of us can relate to how you are feeling. it is a hard hard job. never ending. i had months on end when the cloud did not lift. so i do know how you feel. it is lifting now a little bit if that offers any encouragement at all.

dopeydo Sat 12-Jul-08 21:42:25

Those damned books don't tell you how hard it is!! Mind you wouldn't change it really but just keep worrying I'm heading into depression or something. Thanks ST love gratefully received and sent right back. I will keep chatting. It seems that when I meet other mum's face to face we're very good at making it appear we're all coping brilliantly.

It does lift then nowwearefour I'll hold onto that hope. Its good to know as I'm trying to do everything I can to make life easier, we even rehomed one of our dogs last week which was heartbreaking but had to be done and a better home than ours came up so wasn't fair to keep him in the end. Will keep looking for that cloud to disperse!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now