Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Two years on Prozac and about to wean off - am a little scared.

(8 Posts)
LilRedWG Mon 07-Jul-08 23:46:55

I've been on Fluoxetine (and others) on and off for the past decade, but consistently since being diagnosed with PND after DD was born. I've decided, with my CPN and therapist, that it's time to come off them. I'm on a high dose and it's going to take a few months to wean off them, but I'm determined to do it.

My GP was great today and totally supported my decision, but I must admit to being nervous. Any success stories will be gratefully received.

Thanks for listening to my waffling.

LilRedWG Mon 07-Jul-08 23:54:53

My GP has given me homework to do before I see her again - I must start running again (early morning, so I don't have chance to talk myself out of it) and I must read 'The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment' by Eckhart Tolle.

Has anyone else read this?

Flamesparrow Mon 07-Jul-08 23:56:22

No advice, I came off after only a few months. Just wanted to lend my support though

LilRedWG Tue 08-Jul-08 00:01:50

Thanks Flame.

LilRedWG Tue 08-Jul-08 18:40:14

Anyone else got any experience?

LilRedWG Tue 08-Jul-08 22:14:30

please

littlewoman Wed 09-Jul-08 10:35:42

I was on two a day for a couple of years, but when I got a new dp my life started picking up a bit and I weaned myself off them. You do get the odd lightheaded turn but nothing too major.

My problem was that the depression came back, so I'm back on Prozac again now. I wouldn't be scared to come off them again though, it wasn't terrible last time (although so many people told me horror stories about it, it wasn't too bad at all).

LilRedWG Wed 09-Jul-08 17:40:31

Thanks. I'm starting on two tablets rather than three tomorrow morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now