Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Why am I feeling SO irritable, and a bit aggressive?

(18 Posts)
Pavlovthecat Mon 07-Jul-08 21:26:52

This evening, I am feeling really out of sorts.

My head feels cloudy, sort of like a white haze in my brain.

I feel extremel irritable, snappy, and feel like hitting/kicking something.

My desire to be violent ts not aimed at anyone, or even any particular object, but is quite a strong desire to create some damage, like chuck a plate, punch a hole in the wall, that kind of thing.

I am feeling wound by mostly everything, and DH can't say a word, I just want him to shut up and fuck off. Which to be fair he did, without being too upset about it.

I became irritated by DD not doing what she was told and got a bit shouty, which I don't usually do even if she is being a right madam, which in turn made me feel even more angry with myself hmm

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but any ideas why I am feeling so agitated, and so suddenly and overwhelmingly? This strong physical urge to be aggressive...its sort of in my legs right now hmm like I want to shake my legs and scream AAAARRGH at the top of my voice.

There has been nothing that has occurred to trigger this 'episode' if that is a way to describe it. (apart from perhaps spending almost £200 on a new pair of glasses, enough to send anyone into a spin right>? grin.

Seriously I am trying to joke about it, but actually I am not feeling a jot of humour this evening.

Hassled Mon 07-Jul-08 21:29:48

I assume you've ruled out PMT?
Are you sleeping OK? More stressed than general?

HereComeTheGirls Mon 07-Jul-08 21:30:41

when i feel like that its either pms or i'm extremely extremely tired..it's awful, was like that yesterday.

onelittlelion Mon 07-Jul-08 21:32:37

I get like this with PMT and sometimes it's as simple as low blood sugar.

Pavlovthecat Mon 07-Jul-08 21:41:08

I am tired actually. Slept badly last night.

But I suffer from insomnia, and it does not usually make me feel this way. And Although I know I lack sleep, I dont feel like I can sleep right now, dont feel tired, feel really too wound up sad

It does not feel like PMT, and to be honest as I have the contraceptive implant, I dont get periods (yey!), but when I do get PMT it does not make me feel like this.

It did get wore after I ate...hmm, i felt a bit light headed afterwards for about half hour?

In fact thinking about it, it did seem to either start or get worse after I ate dinner?

Oh its horrible ! I just want DH to come back so I can shout at him! shock grin

Even the internet not working instantly is making my arm muscles twitch with desire to send the macbook flying!

fishie Mon 07-Jul-08 21:42:45

have a glass of water
go outside and breath some fresh air
tomorrow do some form of exercise, a brisk walk, anything.

Pavlovthecat Mon 07-Jul-08 21:47:44

fishie - i sort of could do with the brisk walk now...or a drive in the car with LOUD music on, singing at the top of my voice. That would help.

But I am alone with DD, so alas no brisk walk!
I shall go out to the garden from some air, and get a glass of water.

I have noticed today, that I have been eating a lot of sweets lately...got a bit of thing for jelly babies/wine gums, just cant seem to stop eating them...could I be overdoing it on the sweets? I thought of that as onelittlelion said about low blood sugar. but sweets give high blood sugar don't they? Or, if I recall, is there a dip afterwards...?

fishie Mon 07-Jul-08 22:06:04

have you eaten any food other than sweeties?

Pavlovthecat Mon 07-Jul-08 22:19:11

LOL Fishie, yes! I had lasagne for lunch at work, but it was bought lasagne so might have been high in sugar?

I had half pack of wine gums which DH and I shared, at home I had two slice of bread waiting for dinner - which was veggie hotdogs, onions, home made chips and coleslaw.

A million cups of coffee no sugar, and right now reall fancy something sweet to eat hmm grin and a little less irritable, but a headache instead.

fishie Mon 07-Jul-08 22:24:46

ok more water and deep breathing then.

too many stimulants. bath and bed?

HereComeTheGirls Mon 07-Jul-08 22:28:12

the million coffees could definitely do it smile

Pavlovthecat Mon 07-Jul-08 22:29:28

is that it? Have I just overloaded my brain with crap?!!

I have just had one pint of water, and one pint of squash (organic Rock Orange Juice so half good for me).

I did have salad with my dinner, but did not want it blush. wanted stodge instead!

Pavlovthecat Mon 07-Jul-08 22:31:02

So perhaps a combination with tiredness and too many sweets/caffeine?

How strange that it manifests itself in such an aggressive way?!

Pavlovthecat Mon 07-Jul-08 22:32:43

herecomethegirls - I have had 6 cups of coffee today. OK, no, 7 cups of coffee today.

But thats probably about normal for me. I drink coffee at work when I am procrastinating...!

onelittlelion Mon 07-Jul-08 22:33:48

Caffiene and sugar will give you high (which can maje you tense) and then big dip and low which can make you erm tense! Hopefully you'll feel better once it's out of your system Could balance it out with some protein mayb...Turkey and yoghurt is meant to be most calming!

fishie Mon 07-Jul-08 22:35:32

if you read back on what you have ate then yes i think that food must be pretty much answerable.

maybe you have other things which caused you to eat like that though eh? physically exercise will help you and i can't really say anyting more on your mental health because it aint my sphere.

Pavlovthecat Mon 07-Jul-08 22:42:25

Turkey and yoghurt? Not together surely? URGH!

I have read back and I think it must be food related too fishie - sometimes, I think you got to put in all down in writing before realising what it is.

Also helps that I am feeling a lot calmer since coming to bed, with DD asleep and DH out of my face!

I dont think there is anything more untoward relating to my eating habits than the local garage having offers on jelly babies, and kickstarting my sweet tooth!

I was worried that I was having some kind of mental shutdown or something as I felt so like wanting to hit something!

blush

toastandbutter Sat 12-Jul-08 18:39:05

Sounds like a combination of stress and bad eating habits. Unfortunately the two go together- when you're stressed out you tend to crave bad food- carbs, sugar, etc. Throw out the junk food and get some healthy stuff in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now