Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

PND at seven months?

(3 Posts)
littlelamb Thu 27-Jan-05 20:28:42

Sorry for this I don't want to bother anyone but all of a sudden I'm feeling down for no real reason. Had dd seven months ago, and have never been happier. But I'm on my own and I had a terrible pregnancy, they prescribed me citalopram at five months which I stopped taking after a few months. I thought I was over all these feelings but the last few days I have felt awful, just scared to be out of the house and worrying that my baby doesn't love me, which I know is stupid. Can PND happen at this stage? It could just be stress I'm at uni and it's exam week but this feeling is so scary and I don't want to be on antidepressants again. Any advice would be great x

paolosgirl Thu 27-Jan-05 20:39:25

Sorry to hear you're feeling like this . Feeling down due to stress, worry, tiredness etc is normal, but when it goes beyond that then I'm sure I remember reading that PND depression can occur any time up to 18 months after the birth (if it wasn't 18 months, then it was a long time). Why don't you give it a couple of weeks, and see if it goes, or if it gets worse? I thought I was heading for another bout of depression recently, felt it creeping in around the edges, but luckily it passed, so I wonder if a wait (for a little bit) and see approach might work, along with a bit of pampering yourself? I hope you feel better soon...

WigWamBam Thu 27-Jan-05 20:40:25

Sorry you're feeling so down. My own PND started at around 9 months, and I read somewhere that the average time for it to kick in is 8 months - so yes, it could be PND. Please go and have a chat with your GP or health visitor - they can really help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now