Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Dp took a load of pills !

(10 Posts)
sostupid Mon 24-Jan-05 22:57:37

My Dp has suffered with depression and anxeity for the past 10 yrs and on sat night/Sun Morning he decided to take a load of diazipan mixed with alcohol I ended up calling an ambulance and he was taken to hospital. We are quite heavily in debt and the worry has tipped him over the edge,
Luckily he is ok, he says that he just wanted to stop the thoughts racing round his head and as he woke me up to tell me I don't believe he was trying to kill himself. More the typical cry for help he is now getting refered to the phyciatric unit at the hospital which I am glad as our doctor has just given him a steady supply of ad's and anti phycotic pills for as long as I can remember.

I just feel mad that he risked leaving me and our girls behind, I had tried to be supportive and sympathetic but obviously my efforts wern't enough none of his family knew so I have had to deal with this situation alone for the past 6 years. I made the decision for him to tell his parents and sister to help them understand why he acts the way that he does.
I just hope now that he will be able to get all the help and support he needs I just needed to talk about it..........thanks

Mothernature Mon 24-Jan-05 23:09:12

[[[[hugs]]]] cannot being to understand how you both must feel at this time...I hope you both are able to get the councilling you both need at this time...

collision Mon 24-Jan-05 23:09:23

How awful and stressful for you. At least you know that he is now getting some more help. I dont know what to say really but wanted to say that I am thinking of you.

SPARKLER1 Mon 24-Jan-05 23:15:28

Can't offer any helpful advice but am here listening if you need me to. <<<hugs>>>

dinny Mon 24-Jan-05 23:15:48

Sostupid, just to say I am thinking of you and your dp and family and really hope he will now get the help he needs. All the best to you all, lots of love. Dinny

essbee Tue 25-Jan-05 00:00:07

Message withdrawn

sostupid Tue 25-Jan-05 17:41:48

Thanks to all of you x
essbee we are hopefully going to get the debt thing sorted very soon when we know where we stand with that it should be a massive weight lifted from him then... but the two tended to go hand in hand he spent money to make himself feel better causing us to get in to debt causing him to panic about how to pay it all back, Its been a vicious circle with him on a high when he's spending and on a low when the bills come through the door.
I had started to feel like a bit of a prisioner as he would have a panic attack if I even went shopping on my own as he was convinced something bad would happen to me or the kids.
He does seem to be calmer at the moment, maybe its the knowledge that he will soon be getting the help that he needs.

Thanks again its helped me to talk about it too x

kernowcat Tue 25-Jan-05 17:47:20

My Dad had a breakdown as a result of money worries and it has brought the family much closer together and we now know that we can discuss anything with each other and the support is there.
His breakdown physically effected us all especially my mum and DB.
Make sure you both get counselling as you need to be free to express your feelings about the situation as well.
Good luck sending a hug.

sostupid Fri 28-Jan-05 13:23:32

Update:
dp received a letter this morning from the mental heatlh service inviting him to book an appointment to be assesed.........so it looks like things are going to start to get sorted, now all I have to do is pursuade him to go.

essbee Fri 28-Jan-05 21:56:00

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: