Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Apparently I'm.....

(54 Posts)
AshamedToBeMe Fri 21-Jan-05 16:17:57

typical estate scum with too many bs*ad kids and animals. I'm so upset. I don't want to be me anymore. My kids aren't that at all. I'm crying my eyes out now. I am ashamed to be alive now.

PuffTheMagicDragon Fri 21-Jan-05 16:19:27

The only person who needs to be ashamed is the person who said these awful things to you.

lockets Fri 21-Jan-05 16:19:48

Message withdrawn

Blossomhill Fri 21-Jan-05 16:20:00

OMG Ashamedtobeme who on earth said that to you???
Hugs to you Blossomhill {{{xxx}}}

Caligula Fri 21-Jan-05 16:20:40

Ah Honey whoever said that to you is just nasty and cruel. I haven't got the faintest idea who you are or what you're like, but that statement says more about the person who said it than about you or your kids.

AshamedToBeMe Fri 21-Jan-05 16:23:51

someone at the school gates. Just because my dog was whining and wagging her tail a lot when she saw ds running towards her. she was excited to see him. I could just die now. I hate it here and I hate me.

secur Fri 21-Jan-05 16:25:52

Message withdrawn

lockets Fri 21-Jan-05 16:27:25

Message withdrawn

AshamedToBeMe Fri 21-Jan-05 16:28:50

no. never met her before in my life

jumpingbean Fri 21-Jan-05 16:29:59

God I hate the pick up from school ,always a certain 'click' that I did't fit into ,nor did I want to fit into...some people are just plain ignorant and bl**dy rude try to ignor them.

secur Fri 21-Jan-05 16:30:35

Message withdrawn

lockets Fri 21-Jan-05 16:32:39

Message withdrawn

pinkdiamond Fri 21-Jan-05 16:33:45

Message withdrawn

Fimbo Fri 21-Jan-05 16:35:37

OMG, ignore the silly woman. You are among friends here, so please don't say you hate yourself.

AshamedToBeMe Fri 21-Jan-05 16:35:47

I know I'm not well off. I'm far from posh. But I keep myself clean and tidy. My children are fed, washed and tidily dressed. So I live in a council house. Is that so wrong?

lockets Fri 21-Jan-05 16:39:08

Message withdrawn

pinkdiamond Fri 21-Jan-05 16:40:02

Message withdrawn

Fimbo Fri 21-Jan-05 16:41:03

No, there is nothing wrong in that. The stupid woman was probably premenstrual or having a bad day and you probably got the brunt of it. Don't take it to heart, someone called me a bitch the other day when a dog was trying to bite my daughter and I almost kicked it (by accident).

pinkdiamond Fri 21-Jan-05 16:42:24

Message withdrawn

jangly Fri 21-Jan-05 16:52:13

That is so bad! How can anybody say that to another person?! She must be a total weirdo. Have a strong cup of tea and try and forget it.

Marjoriedawes Fri 21-Jan-05 17:16:23

apart from the fact that it doesnt matter if you live in a council house, a mansion or a pig shed, how does this woman know where you live? was it said to your face or within earshot? I am disgusted that she said this, I suggest she is the scum, you got to that school on Monday and hold your head up high honey, living in a council house doesnt make you any better or worse than any one else, this is just one narrow minded, judgemental moron, please dont let her upset you, you are ten times better than her.

galaxy Fri 21-Jan-05 17:17:46

Bigoted cow! I'd have slapped her. (well I probably wouldn't but I'd have felt like it.

MistressMary Fri 21-Jan-05 17:27:47

What a complete nasty bitch she is.

Tell her she is a typical example of a nasty and judemental person with a serious lack of the judgement, as it happens.

Caligula Fri 21-Jan-05 17:37:39

Given the circumstances, she does just sound like someone who'd had a very bad day (or was drunk or on drugs) who decided to take it out on someone else and is uncivilised enough to verbally attack a complete stranger. You just happened to have had the bad luck be on the end of her wish to make someone else feel as bad as she obviously did. Don't let her make you feel bad about yourself, she could easily have seen someone else with a peoplewagon first and made a nasty comment about stuck up snobs who have to have a big car and talk like they've got a plum in their mouth, and they'd be coming onto Mumsnet explaining that they're not a snob, but this woman made them feel really bad... she just happened to see you first.

It's not personal, it's not about you, it's about her and her inability to behave in a normal manner when something happens to have upset her. She doesn't sound fit to be let out on her own, tbh. Please don't feel you need to take any notice of her - she's a loon.

oatcake Fri 21-Jan-05 17:42:38

ABSOLUTE loon, darling. I'm so sorry. Don't cry. Have a nice hot cuppa as suggested and get yourself a good chick flick for tonight and forget about what's passed today. [just accidentally run into her heels with your pushchair if you have one next time you see here...]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now